Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a pocket full of pretty green..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and I'm gonna treat meself to the Ting Tings album which came out today. (Which features a song called "Fruit Machine", hence the Weller reference)>
    It's stupidly "now", for those that haven't heard it. She's an ex failed early noughties girl band member, he's a jobbing indie musician, whose been in a band named after a Jeff Buckley song. She's also 23ish, and wears lots of Dylan-in-64 style peaked caps. And she's blonde. Together they make an electronic tinged indie dancefloor filled, Blondie listening to Kasabian with half of Girls Aloud and Franz Ferdinand watching through a small, yet quite thick, paned piece of glass.
    I kinda like it. She "kinda-speeeks-everything-and maaakkeess words laaaaast longer than they should", and lyrically it's dire at times, but it's pretty inventive pop, danged catchy, and better than the Madonna?timbo single it knocked of number one.
    I thought they gave a pretty good performance on Jonny Ross last week.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJt1nc6T4U
    Have a watch.

Do they sing something called 'That's not my name'? I LOVE that.

note to self: check the link FIRST!

Comment

Yeah, they're great.

Nice of Joe to introduce the band who are No.1 in the charts to WSC as though they're total unknowns...

Comment

It was Joe that started the legendary James Blunt thread, wasn't it?

I am not sure whether I would prefer to listen to them or Flo Rida "Low" that is on in the background. It is a difficult choice. The answer is to turn on itunes.

Comment

Musical influences, certainly mid-90s "in your face" indie, I reckon. That song in particular reminds me of Republica, and "let's get ready to go", or whatever it was called.

I like it.

Comment

Working...
          X