Comment

Wemberlee, Wemberlee. I'm afraid I won't be going

Jorge Porbillas wrote:
        Yesssssssssss Yesssssssssss Yesssssssssss

FUCK OFF TRUNDLE!!!!
        Seconded.

Comment

Dean Windass is a legend. Approached for an interview at the final whistle, he exclaims 'fucking brilliant!'. Asked if he's ever scored a better goal: 'yeah, loads'.

Comment

I'm really pleased. I went to see Hull earlier this year, for a Match Of The Month, and they were just overwhelmingly likeable. No whingeing, no sneakiness, good spirit, precisely the right mixture of skill and grit. I'm not surprised they've succeeded, but I still think they'll be shafted weekly in the Premier League next season (most of their first team are either pushing forty or looked a bit raw for the step up).

Comment

Dean Windass is the strangest shape that I've seen a footballer be for many a year. I can't imagine that he'd last five minutes in the PL now. Anyway, well done Hull from here, too. The last time I saw them play was against Stoke in Division Three/Division Two/League One in 1993, when Stoke were on their way up and and Hull were on their way down and were resplendent in their tiger stripe shirts.

Comment

I know so many blokes who have had their thinning hair dyed platinum blonde in run-up to their fortieth birthday just to prove to themselves "they're still young really".

Windass doesn't really need to do it when he can score goals that good and that important though.

It was a strange tonsorial decision, wasn't it? It looked out of place. Like stubble on Angelina Jolie.

Great goal, though. And Bristol City didn't really deserve to win - harsh to say, but it's as if they forgot to bring some strikers with them. No attacking threat whatsoever. Lots of pressing, no finish. Hull had the better organisation and attacking options.

Congratulations to them.

Comment

I wonder if the two respective authorities will be cheeky enough to schedule Wigan v Hull at the same time in both football and Rugby League next season, to see which game attracts the biggest crowd.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised by the record crowd today. Of course, fair play to them, but the 'Where Did You Buggers Spring Up From Then?' question bubbles under the surface, threatening to emerge into the light.

Comment

Christ that's a good volley. And from a man who looks like he should be propping for Bristol rugby rather than playing for Hull's football team.

Comment

Taylor wrote:
                        [quote]I went to see Hull earlier this year, for a Match Of The Month, and they were just overwhelmingly likeable. No whingeing, no sneakiness, good spirit, precisely the right mixture of skill and grit. [quote]

Was Windass not playing that day then?

Seriously, well done to Hull. Nice to see Yorkshire (just) back in the Prem. I reckon Windass will be there top scorer next season as well.

Comment

There is no fucking way that Dean Windass is only 39.

Great goal though.

Comment

One for the Lee Trundle fans

Comment

Working...
                            X