The annual 'Wogan Gets Pissed on Live TV' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurovision is of course why Sky+ was invented. I mean, I need to watch that Belgian entry again to get my head round it. It also means i can fast forward some of the shitter ones. Or at least it would if the UK were in a semi-final.

Comment

Slovenia is just Eurodisco painting by numbers, with an out of tune singer. Shame... she looks fantastic.

*although when she gets to belt it out, its a helluva lot better.

Comment

Yeah, definitely meat and potatoes stuff. Very forgettable.

Comment

If I were a sexist twat, its at this point I would be saying PHWOAR!

Comment

PHWOAR!

Norway: Very tasteful, very bland

Comment

I cant decide if that was rubbish or brilliant.

Comment

am I watching Miss World?

Nope, she did something with her mouth, and its Tori Spelling.

Comment

Poland: more of the same. Crushingly dull.

Comment

Jennifer Rush should sue.

Comment

The story so far:

Montenegro: Stefan Filipović - Zauvijek volim te: He looks like he's killed his family, and even has their final dying blood-covered handprints on his t-shirt. As for the song, it's a good start, he can sing, it's catchy, but he does have a Pop Idol feel about him.

Israel: Boaz - The Fire In Your Eyes: It's a bloke! It sounds like a woman. Looking like Jermain Defoe on a night out, reslendent in a silver waistcoat. Signposted key change is the highlight of something so phoned in and bland, France used it every year between 1981 and 2006. Written by Dana International.

Estonia: Kreisiraadio - Leto svet: Three ladies vigourously waving flags (Estonia, Serbia and for some reason Finland) give way to three really dodgy fourtysomethings clearly playing it for laughs. Would have been a little funnier if the scouse looking one had been a bit more in tune. Still, we have an accordion, three ladies trying to riverdance in hotpants. The bloke in red looks like Rick Astley. a posed acapella ending. The crowd voices their appreciation. At least I think 'BOOOO' is the Serbian equivalent of cheering. You'll notice I didn't mention the song. There's a reason for that. Still, better than Boaz. And one of them's a former MP.

Moldova: Geta Burlacu - A Century of Love: Does the world need an East European Sade? Especially one that carries a teddy bear, looks like Lorraine Kelly's rough sister and sings sounds slightly out of her range? No? Shame, because despite all that it's likeable.

San Marino: Miodio - Complice: I think this is Italy's way of entering without losing face. He looks like David Warner in Perfect Friday all dressed in black. She looks like the last thing in the world she wants to do is dance barefoot in a lilac flowing dress. Thems the breaks, I'm afraid. The songs finished already, and I can't think of a single thing to say about it, other than it was as dull as anything Eros Ramazotti ever produced.

Belgium: Ishtar - O Julissi: A made up language, and she's dressed like one of those campino sweets. Fuck knows how to describe this one. Okay, it's a folk song the lyrics are very basic and in a made up language, and the tune is exactly why lesser mortals laugh and point at Eurovision and the Belgians. KEY CHANGE! I love it. So do the crowd.

Comment

if you havent seen this, fucking hell.

Comment

excellent summation so far Phoebe.

Comment

Sterling work, Phoebs. Has it been a whole year?

Oh fucking hell it's that turkey.

Comment

Andorra are through.

Comment

Andorra: see Slovenia.

Why has that woman got antennae? Is she supposed to be a ladybird?

Comment

she was getting the words beamed in by satellite.

Comment

I am willing to bet those wedding dresses get ripped off at some point.

And so far these two couldnt hold a tune in a bucket (The Bosnian Jemini)

*The music is a million times better than the singing... I will go further, what a fucking great tune!

Comment

They're doing it deliberately.

"Wacky"

Comment

Ofra Haza will sue for this one.

*actually, Shakira might, too.

Comment

Took a while to get going, but wasn't too bad in the end.

They're still a pair of gits, though.

Comment

I have heard a million of these in gay clubs up and down the UK, and if I were pissed, I would really like this. I may listen again in another 20 minutes or so.

That was... OK.

Comment

I prefer this Dutch one. They're going for the Turkish pop thing too, but pulling it off better because there's more of a tune there. Not too bad at all.

Comment

Netherlands (unfortunately): dont really have a KICK in the chorus... too one dimensional, although should get through.

Comment

Finland: cross between Iron Maiden and Frankie Goes to Hollywood... not bad if you like this sort of thing (I do.)

Comment

Ah, the Finns, bless 'em.

Surely they don't think they can pull off the same trick twice?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X