So, here's to an anniversary then ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a way it's nice that the old board has died because I'd have gone right back and stuck this on my old thread.

A year, since my wife and I separated and she took my children with her. Bloody hell.

Happier? In some ways, yeah. In some ways, no. In the ways that my children are happy about, which is pretty much all I care about, yes - they are delighted with their weekends with Daddy now, and I like to think that they are happier with their lives now, which seem to be happy with Mummy in the week, and happy with Daddy at weekends, whereas previously it was living with Mummy and Daddy grumpy with each other all the time, which made them unhappy.

I miss them all terribly, though, and I'm not sure when that's going to stop. Even the ex-wife. I've not met anyone else yet; maybe that's part of it. But I kind of live my life now so that it's geared around each alternate weekend when I have my daughters. It doesn't really leave an awful lot of time for even meeting anyone new.

So yeah, on nights like tonight, I'm kind of feeling low, and feeling blue. Getting it off my chest feels better already, though.

Ah come on Rogin. There's a Champion's league final to look forward to on Wednesday, surely that gladdens your heart with giddy anticipation?

Comment

Speaking as a 28-year-old who from the age of 4-16 only got to see his dad on Sundays, your kids probably think you're the best thing since sliced bread, really appreciate everything you do and always look forward to the time you spend together.

Chin up Rogin mate.

Comment

I can imagine how you feel Rogin. You express it very well.
        I don't know your situation but at least your relationship with your girls sounds good now. That'll be a great source of strength to you I'm sure.
        Chin up ol' chap.

Comment

Well, come on, Rogin. Stop beating yourself up. You've been through hell and you've kept it together for 12 months. What's not to celebrate?

I found the first year I was apart from my son really difficult. Oh, what I wouldn't have given for the joys of falling over a toy car, or clearing up a spilt drink. Like you, I missed the ex as well, but that's only natural, isn't it? I'd probably have missed Josef Menegele if he'd suddenly stepped out of my life after having spent a dozen or so years with him.

It sounds like your kids are on track, and that's the foundation on which you can rebuild your life. So well done on that.

Comment

Working...
          X