Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
    Washington FC sign Pascal Chimbonda, obviously.
    I wonder how many other people thought he'd signed with an North American Soccer League club?

Comment

From that BBC article:

"He's looking OK on the box (television)"

Because we could have thought he meant standing on a box, or he's looking OK in the penalty area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        I wonder how many other people thought he'd signed with an North American Soccer League club?
        *raises hand*

Comment

My Scottish mate informs me that 45 year old Rab Douglas turned out for Arbroath yesterday and kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 win at Hampden against Queens Park.

Comment

"Bonkers week" for 47 year-old Paul Bastock - the man who broke Peter Shilton's record of 1,249 career appearances

Comment

I don't think Guinness will let him have the record - Shilton's were all for fully professional teams and they're quite insistent on these things.

Comment

Surprised to see Speroni still going at Palace

Comment

I've just noticed that Georgios Samaras, once of Celtic, has turned up in the second tier of Turkey with Samsunspor. He's only 32 but I could have sworn he was much older.

Comment

The other day whilst browsing the Russian third tier tables I noticed that Roman Pavlyuchenko is now playing for Ararat Moscow. They top their section, whilst Roman is second top scorer.

Comment

Alan Smith came on for a 2 minute runabout for Notts County today. He now has a man-bun.

Comment

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake scored today for Telford in the FA Trophy

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                          Alan Smith came on for a 2 minute runabout for Notts County today. He now has a man-bun.
                          Is that the blond Leeds/ManU fighty one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                            Is that the blond Leeds/ManU fighty one?
                            Yes. Notts are like a retirement home for ex-PL players, alongside him there is Shola Ameobi, Nicky Hunt and Jon Stead.

Comment

In a reverse of the usual sentiment on this thread, 35 seems awfully young to be a keeper two years in to your retirement.

Comment

Phil Bardsley is making his seventh league start for Burnley, 11 years after his sixth.

Comment

34 year old Carlton Cole is training with Wimbledon. I think it could very likely be just for him to gain fitness but he’s actually the kind of target man they could do with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    In a reverse of the usual sentiment on this thread, 35 seems awfully young to be a keeper two years in to your retirement.
                                    Mikel Arteta is only 35 and is already in his second coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
                                      Surprised to see Speroni still going at Palace
                                      Described by someone in our local as looking like "Karl Pilkington just back from inter-railing"

Comment

Hadn't realised Michael Tonge was still playing until I saw him turn out for Port Vale today.

Comment

Tomáš Rosický retires.

He was at Sparta Prague apparently.

Comment

Last of his kind

Comment

Samuel Eto'o? The Samuel Eto'o?!

Nice understated announcement, mind.

(How do I embed a tweet on here?)
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-01-2018, 15:16.

Comment

The word tweet in square brackets (and then /tweet afterwards)

Comment

Roque Santa Cruz scored last night for Olímpia of Paraguay against Junior Barranquilla in the Copa Libertadores.

I thought he was older but he’s only 36.

Comment

I had the identical reaction.

I also hadn't realized that he already has something like 40 games for Olimpia

Comment

Working...
                                                    X