MBV outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBV outdoors?

MBV are playing the Electric Picnic this year (and a number of other outdoor festivals including Roskilde).

I'm tempted to go, but I only saw them a couple of times (indoors) and a major factor in their sound was the brute physicality of the experience, i.e. fucking LOUD.

So - has anyone ever seen them outdoors? And, if so, does their stuff work when it isn't reverberating around the four walls of a sweaty indoors venue?

MBV outdoors?

I'm tempted to go, but there's almost no way in hell I'll be able to afford to. So I won't.

I think you're exactly right about the sound. it'll be great fun to see them in that context, but aurally, it won't work *at all*.

Comment

MBV outdoors?

Will they actually be outdoors, or in a big tent?
      Either way there's a fair chance I won't be there

Comment

MBV outdoors?

The only place at a festival that I can imagine MBV sounding, errr... 'appropriate' in would be an old aircraft hangar.

Comment

MBV outdoors?

'You Made Me Realise' came on my discman while our plane was taking off from NY once. That rising noise interlude matched the acceleration and take-off almost to the second. It sounded incredible, although I had been awake for 36 hours at the time.

Comment

MBV outdoors?

So they should play gigs on planes. Put J Spaceman in his place with that "Highest Gig In The World (Man)" thing he did in that TV tower or whatever it was.

Comment

Working...
            X