The Belated South Wales Derby Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was too nervous and too busy with a family Easter back home to start one.

In summary;

Get the fuck in! Swim away from that!

robbery

which made it sweeter

Comment

Did you see the piece by Dave Coaches on Football Focus?

Comment

It had been part of the Sport Wales derby special on BBC2W as well, rubbish wasn't it?

Comment

Just seen the thread, Cardiff look certain to be in the play offs now and could snatch third place, Swansea were looking very rocky but could now be on course for a play off position. If they end up facing each other in the final what is going to happen? There is no way anyway would contemplate letting both sets of supporters travel down the M4 to London, what are the chances of moving the final to say Cardiff where there is more of a chance of segregating the fans?

Harry et al, congrats, did not see the game, had no chance to watch it.

Comment

I'm not falling for your "Cardiff look certain to be in the play offs now...what happens if we meet in the final?" voodoo double bluff gambit AE so don't even think about it.

At this point last season we had an 8 point and +18 goal difference advantage over the seventh placed team and still blew it over the last four games (while the teams around us only had three to play) in British football's all time epic choke. I am taking nothing for granted.

You didn't miss much with the game to be honest, last 120 seconds aside. Tense and scrappy with Swansea playing the ball across the back four to no great effect for about 60 minutes of it.

I'm still looking for a DVD of the full Sky coverage of course if anyone can get such a thing?

Comment

AE, the playoffs are currently heading for something like Cardiff vs Swansea, Forest vs Leicester, Millwall vs Charlton and Huddersfield vs Leeds. The police are going to have some work to do.

Comment

In response to the Dave Coaches "Better name for the derby" question I am thinking of proposing The Sordid Online Gambling Promoting Derby in honour of our two clubs' shirt sponsors.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                  It had been part of the Sport Wales derby special on BBC2W as well, rubbish wasn't it?
                  Any links to that?

Millwall Leeds and Cardiff Swansea play off finals, the met must be loving the idea of that.

HT Swansea looked like choking it before the Scunthorpe game, surely a Welsh disease as we would rather slag off success and implode than actually build something positive.

Comment

Working...
                  X