Adam Ant gigs ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Ant gigs ..

Siobhan Fahey was the most talented member of Bananarama.

That is all.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

The Siobhan Fahey WSC hate campaign has been somewhat overblown

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

The Magnificent 5-4-3-2-1

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Los Abbey Cruncheros

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Dragging the thread kicking and screaming to its original subject, this is, erm, interesting. Hr looks like he is having a lot of fun

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

@ the troubador few hrs ago

www.adamandtheants.org

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Photo: Dyler Plummer
                Man, that guy...

When we had Towers Of London playing at Stay Beautiful, he emailed us beforehand asking whether there was disabled access to the venue, cos he was wheelchair-bound but he really wanted to see the gig.

We took this request very seriously, and wrote back to tell him that there wasn't disabled access at the Purple Turtle as such, but that we'd happily make special provisions to get a member of staff to help him up the steps and so on.

Then he turned up on the night on two feet, completely able-bodied, and the whole thing had been a hilarious prank.

Er, good one.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Dog Eat Dogbiscuit

Jammy Roger

Mile High Club already is one.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Man, now even my best friends are conspiring against me to not see these guerilla Ant gigs.

I can understand Chris McCormack being cagey, and MsD who doesn't know me from, er, Adam, but...

I just got a text off one of my best mates in the world (known him for nearly 20 years, came to my wedding, co-runs Stay Beautiful with me) telling me he'd played bass with Adam Ant last night.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

PM for you.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

A couple of weeks ago I went to the "opening night" of a new bar/club near Liverpool Street called 'The Pipeline'. Zodiac Mindwarp headlined with Adam Ant turning up at the end ,dressed as the Mad Hatter, to provide the lead vocal on Prime Mover.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

That's where the video I linked to is from. Good gig?

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

He's at it again, at the Troubadour ... apparently the full band gigs are working better than the acoustic ones.

red scab

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Great. Why didn't you tell me beforehand?

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Again, didn't know till it was happening.

Really thought that was the end of it at the weekend. A KOTWF line up gig was actually a possibility 6 weeks ago, which seems like last year now.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Subtle. Veeeeerrrry subtle. It took me three reads to work out what was going on.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Go back to bed, Ads, you must be knackered.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Is that a 'bot' doing that - posting spam adverts with links inserted behind text. Surprisingly clever if so.

Or is it just a cunt?

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

If the latter, he's found his way home.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

MsD wrote:
                                          Again, didn't know till it was happening.

Really thought that was the end of it at the weekend. A KOTWF line up gig was actually a possibility 6 weeks ago, which seems like last year now.
                                          So, how did you once again just happen to be at the place where Adam Ant was playing a surprise gig?

I mean, when you want to see an Adam Ant surprise gig, how do you start, where do you go, who do you need to know? Freemasons?

It's not as if he's playing to an empty room or a closed circle of friends. Any old random Shoreditch twat is getting to see him.

I want to be one of those twats.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Never thought I'd say this but "I swear I wasn't there" and I fully appreciate how upsetting and annoying it is that he's playing to randoms.

The loyal fanbase (I mean people who go to conventions and dance the Prince Charming) feel really hurt. But he's following an impulse.

When I started the thread I was optimistic.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Adam Ant will be appearing at a thing at the Scala tonight, also featuring Angie Bowie, The Glitter Band and Spizz Energi. Unclear at present whether he'll be doing one song or a whole set.

I'll probably try and get along there after I've finished DJing for King Adora at the Garage, in the hope of catching him.

Just thought Ant fans in London or within striking distance might like a heads-up.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Did you mention that on Facebook too, SR?

Only Frankie Flag sent out his usual gigs/clubs mailshot yesterday and I don't think the gig in question had a mention of Adam Ant in it. I reckon alot of people would like to know about it, though.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

evilC wrote:
                                                  Did you mention that on Facebook too, SR?

Only Frankie Flag sent out his usual gigs/clubs mailshot yesterday and I don't think the gig in question had a mention of Adam Ant in it. I reckon alot of people would like to know about it, though.
                                                  No, someone on Facebook told me about it, and I'm passing it on. Don't shoot me if Adam doesn't show.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Oh, I'm not going to be running up there to see him anyway, so no worries.

Fair enough if you heard through Facebook too - I expect the knowledge is doing the rounds anyway then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X