• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Ant gigs ..

Thanks Mr C. x

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

MsD wrote:
      Anyway, so much for trying to share information on here, next time I'll just email or message the two or three people I expect to be interested. Happy now?
      No. It's like this, I came to this thread because I was interested to see Adam was doing gigs because he is a bit of a hero of mine (like he appears to be to a lot of people here).

I genuinely couldn't understand why you thought there would be sneering about him from an audience that I would imagine would lap up the news he was performing again and asked why. You said it would be because you brought him up!

So let's try it once more with feeling;

It's.

Not.

Always.

All.

About.

You.

OK?

Now please, let the talk about Adam Ant recommence.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Show your workings, Carcass - especially with regard to this thread.

Certainly, on my part, I was astonished initially that anyone would have a dig at Adam Ant

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Well, it appears to be very much "about me" to you.

Anyway, I'm off out so have a nice evening hammering abuse into a keyboard at someone you've never met and don't know very much about.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

I wish I had the time but my observation is that MsD can come across as a bit touchy but, y'know, it's unsurprising.

That comment about 'queue anti-Ant comments' is not worth commenting on and it's certainly not deserving of such unpleasant misogynist vitriol.

I can't believe people are still going on at her and not at the old cunt comment.

You utter, utter wanker.

The way this board prides itself on its liberalism is a fucking joke some times.

I wouldn't even refer to someone I hated in those terms.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

And drop this google alert shit. If it doesn't bother me, you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Carcass, it's not if it bothers you or even me that much but it shows a strong indication that someone really cares quite a lot about comments about them despite their protestations.

Are we not allowing "cunt" on here because it's "misogynist"? I must have missed that memo on each of the few hundred times I've seen it used on OTF before.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

That comment about 'queue anti-Ant comments' is not worth commenting on
                  It was only worth commenting on because, it seems, me you and Harry took it differently and thought that some people had been having a go and we all registered our surprise.

If it had been "cue anti-MsD comments" no-one would have remarked upon it.

As far as the "cunt" thing is concerned, I am not going to talk for Harry but MsD did start with the personal digs on here, Harry uses "cunt" for both men and women equally so there is no misogyny as far as I can see and she has appalled people with some pretty vile personal slurs at people on here in the past herself.

I don't blame you for defending her but feel that it is a bit misjudged as she can't take what she hands out.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Bored of Education wrote:
                    Harry uses "cunt" for both men and women equally
                    You don't have to make it sound like some kind of, you know, hobby.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

It's not? I thought you were going for some sort of record

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

You should have a word with yourself man.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                          They do songs about chocolate digestives. I'm saying nothing.
                          Feed me (to) the Lyons

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

We Built McVities (On Rock And Roll)

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Shit, you actually did an Ants song there, didn't you? I'm gonna have to try harder.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Anything by Jaffa Ranks

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Folks, I know I've fallen out terribly with MsD in the past (over, you know, stuff), but come on, that "Cue..." comment should just have been let go. Really. What purpose does all this serve?

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Anyway:

(a) Siobhan Fahey is great, you loons, and

(b) Party Rings of The Wild Frontier.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

"Jaffa Ranks, more like".

I would love to be there tomorrow night. I hope he's well, but then plenty of us go in to work ill, eh.

Apparently I made everyone wear Adam Ant stripes made of flour and water on my 5th birthday party. Some kids at my school had Adam Ant rulers. That is a pop star.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Nabisco Visita El Planeta De Los Simios

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Vive Le Rocky Bar

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Jolly Dodger

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Folks, I know I've fallen out terribly with MsD in the past (over, you know, stuff), but come on, that "Cue..." comment should just have been let go. Really. What purpose does all this serve?
                                              Wyatt, I respect you and Carcass which is the only reason I am returning to this.

I genuinely thought from the "Cue anti-Adam" remark that people had been slagging him off either here on in the media and I had missed it. I couldn't really believe that someone was having a go at a guy who has such serious problems which is why I asked about it.

Once it was obvious it was going down a personal thing, I bailed. As I say, if it had said "cue anti-MsD" I wouldn't have given it any attention. As far as I saw, Carcass and Harry both thought that people were attacking Adam Ant as well.

come on, that "Cue..." comment should just have been let go. Really. What purpose does all this serve?
                                              Exactly

Believe me, I have got enough shit in my life at the moment to deal with this crap

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Peak Freans of the Stone Age.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Bored of Education wrote:
                                                  I genuinely thought from the "Cue anti-Adam" remark that people had been slagging him off either here on in the media and I had missed it. I couldn't really believe that someone was having a go at a guy who has such serious problems which is why I asked about it...

Believe me, I have got enough shit in my life at the moment to deal with this crap
                                                  Ah, OK, I get you. Sorry for having got the wrong end of the stick there.

Respect reciprocated and all that [mutters in embarrassed English way]. Good luck with the shit.

Comment

Adam Ant gigs ..

Kings Of The Wild Frontier was the first album I ever bought, and I played it till the vinyl nearly wore through... then the Prince Charming album came out, and I did the same with that. It's nowhere near as good as KOTWF, but I reckon Picasso Visita El Planeta De Los Simios might just be the best song the Ants ever recorded.

Adam's solo albums (the first three, at least) are an... intriguing listen, too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X