Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Linkous

Sparklehorse man passes away

Big shame. He always seemed a troubled sort, but this is a waste.

Loneliness came kicking at his door, I suppose.

Mark Linkous

Yes, a real shame. Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot and Good Morning Spider are great albums.

Comment

Mark Linkous

Dreadful shame. Good Morning Spider was my favourite. Looking forward to finally hearing that David Lynch thing too.

(Starting a thread titled 'Sparkleglue' would have been distasteful, so I'm glad Etienne got here first.)

Comment

Mark Linkous

That comes as a shock, although it shouldn't considering his history.

Saw him in Whelan's in Dublin 4 or 5 years ago and he tore up the place - one of the best gigs I've been to in years.

RIP Mark

Comment

Mark Linkous

Very sad news. I met him in 2001. He made me smile at a time I didn't have a lot to smile about.

Comment

Mark Linkous

That is dreadful news.

Sparklehorse are - and I expect will always be - one of my favourite bands.

Comment

Mark Linkous

Gutted, a great artist and fantastic live act. I was just thinking the other week that it'd been a long time since Sparklehorse toured - seen them a good few times at King Tut's in Glasgow and a few Edinburgh shows as well.

Troubled man, I'm glad I got the chance to see him on the occasions I did. RIP Mark.

Comment

Mark Linkous

It's sad. Like Elliott Smith, he seemed a troubled sort who never really learnt to live in this world. At least he left us a couple of great albums. For that at least, we should be thankful.

Comment

Mark Linkous

Damn damn damn, I wish these good people would stop dying. I could never get into the pedestrian It's A Wonderful Life, but loved the first two albums - I remember listening to the opening song of Good Morning Spider in a record shop in Zurich and thinking, "Wow, I haven't heard anything that fresh in years." It was the same day and place I first heard Eels and the brilliant Electro-Shock Blues. I bounced out the shop with both CDs in my pocket, genuinely excited about getting home to put them on, which I have to admit doesn't really happen much any more.

Comment

Mark Linkous

Just picked up on this, very sad indeed, he was a great talent.

All four albums were very good but Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot was my favourite one by far, one of the great albums of the 90s. The Distorted Ghost EP was fantastic as well.

About a week ago I played Hammering The Cramps and Someday I Will Treat You Good for the first time in ages. What songs!

Just been playing a rather morose selection just now of Weird Sisters, Little Fat Babies, Babies On The Sun and Morning Hollow.

RIP.

Comment

Mark Linkous

henry wrote:
                      It's sad. Like Elliott Smith, he seemed a troubled sort who never really learnt to live in this world. At least he left us a couple of great albums. For that at least, we should be thankful.
                      That's what I thought when I heard about his death.

I somehow missed this and only found out about his suicide at the weekend when listening to music on youtube, it is strange how the death of someone you never even knew could get to you so much.

Great music, RIP Mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X