Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese

If Mr and Mrs Cheese have a son, I would advise them not to name him Cauliflower. Because he'd probably get beaten up at school.

Comment

Cheese

Comment

Cheese

McDonalds know so little about cheese that they couldn't even roust a good candidate for councillor, never mind Mayor.

I should note that my people have made inarguably the greatest contribution to cheese ever: putting it over hot french fries and then covering that in hot gravy. You'll note, also, that I said 'inarguably'.

Comment

Cheese

You're going to end up with a cheese fondue "caquelon" over your head if you carry on like that WOM...

Comment

Cheese

You've got the word 'cheese' on Google Alert, you have.

Comment

Cheese

Taleggio's neither fish nor fowl, is it. I mean, it's cheese, obviously - "one of the oldest soft cheeses" apparently - but you'll know what I mean if you've had it. The texture of summer brie, but the stench of winter stilton. A vibe that really follows you around the room.

It's all Jamie Oliver's fault, of course: he's in league with Sainbury's to force this muck on us formaggio dilletantes.

Comment

Cheese

It's a weird one, more of a cooking cheese really. Reblochon is quite the same, the smell is pungent but the taste (from the gooey inside) is very mellow.

Comment

Cheese

Why on Earth... wrote:
                  Sean of the Shed wrote:
                  If you go back a page, Gerontophile has posted a picture of John Cleese, who's real name is John Cheese.
                  No, his real name is John Cleese. The family name was changed (from Cheese) by, I think, his Grandad.
                  True.

Comment

Cheese

I should note that my people have made inarguably the greatest contribution to cheese ever: putting it over hot french fries and then covering that in hot gravy. You'll note, also, that I said 'inarguably'.
                    I suspect that gravy cheese fries are one of those things that was invented simultaneously and independently in several places. It's just one of those things where the purpose clearly dictates the design.

If I'm not mistaken, the Canadian Poutine is made with cheese curds which sounds especially good. I haven't had that. Yet.

Comment

Cheese

London is still a lovely place but what has happened to the Tube? When we were there on a weekend half the lines were shut. The trains were more crowded than they used to be in rush hour, which didn't think was possible.

With better French and no responsibilities I'd like to give living in Paris a go.

Comment

Cheese

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
                        I should note that my people have made inarguably the greatest contribution to cheese ever: putting it over hot french fries and then covering that in hot gravy.
                        Your people? Did you get a quebecois transplant while I was away?

I assumed the Cleese photo was a reference to someone curtailing their Walpoling activities.

Put me in with the pro-cheese, pro-London crowd. I actually don't think there's any possible middle ground on this - liking just London, or just cheese. You are with us or against us.

Comment

Cheese

Antonio Gramsci wrote:
                          Your people? Did you get a quebecois transplant while I was away?
                          It's part of my new inclusionary outreach policy. Broadening the church, if you will. My people in Winnipeg appreciate it, too.

Comment

Cheese

I'd like to say I was not in that part of the world recently...

5000 euros worth of cheese nicked

Comment

Cheese

Yeah right. It's buried in some Yorkshire hillside isn't it?

Comment

Cheese

Yeah, in Moughton...

Comment

Cheese

If I'm not mistaken, the Canadian Poutine is made with cheese curds which sounds especially good. I haven't had that. Yet.
                                  Bloody hell, this really is the Groundhog thread.All we need is for someone to post a picture of that and tonight, we gonna party like it's, erm, about a year ago

Comment

Cheese

Comment

Cheese

Really, it's only Cumbria and Greater London that could clearly outshine Yorkshire.
                                      I'm from Cumbria and I live in Greater London. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Cheese

It just means you're a syphilitic inbred with no manners.

Comment

Cheese

Heh. Tea on keyboard there.

Comment

Cheese

Which probably means you are too slack-jawed to keep your mouth closed.

Comment

Cheese

Uncle Ethan wrote:
                                              London is still a lovely place but what has happened to the Tube? When we were there on a weekend half the lines were shut.
                                              This has become endemic now. I've got to find a way of getting from Harrow to St. Pancras on Saturday morning without the easy option of the Met...

Comment

Cheese

Is it "Pick On Me" day today?

I'm not saying you're wrong, mind.

Comment

Cheese

Disco Sea Shanties wrote:
                                                  London is great.
                                                  Yorkshire is great.
                                                  Cheese is great.

That's all I want to say.
                                                  Innit.

I've got some Etivaz at the moment - God, I love that stuff. But I'm running low, which means another Sheridans trip over the weekend. They've a Shropshire Blue which is lovely at the moment...

Comment

Cheese

Etivaz for those that don't know is the cheese that hardcore Gruyeres maker started doing when they felt the standards of Gruyeres making were slipping.

It is quite something indeed. Got to go to "La Cremerie" next time I'm in Gva to get some.

Toro, did I sent you a slice once or was it through Sheridan you found out about it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X