X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official Wenger Out thread

meregreen wrote:

hobbes wrote:
    Is it where the player is or where the ball is? Because it didn't look to me like the ball was over the line when he tried to catch it.
    I assumed that his foot being on the line meant it was a penalty
    It did sound like a very "rugby" interpretation of a rule to me.

Edit: which I now see Roches P.A. has already pointed out.

Did Roches used to be somebody else, btw?

Comment

hobbes wrote:
      The pair of them were laughing about it after it happened. Which was a bit weird.
      I think the best example of this recently was the Villa-Blackburn game where Diouf viciously lunged in on Beye (they're both Senegal players). Beye immediately tried to plead with the ref that it was no big deal but Diouf was rightly sent off anyway. Either Beye is too nice for his own good or he was scared of what Diouf might do to him if he didn't stick up for him. But it was v strange.

Comment

Roches was Liberal Al/Impact Substitute, wasn't he?

Comment

He's brilliant isn't he. Thank god he's made of balsa wood, because otherwise he'd be playing for a far better side than Everton.

Yes you bastard. Us, sniff. I saw him make his debut against southampton, and he looked like an entirely different kind of footballer to the others. he seemed to be mostly made up of muscles and fast. Even in his last season, when everyone had given up on him, he produced one of my favourite moments of skill About 1.40 in

he was like a less malign, footballing version of didier drogba, without the bad bits. You know, the madness, the diving, the histrionics the ability to stay fit for more than a month.

here is a video of all the goals he scored for man utd, there are some great goals in there, but the whole thing is slightly undermined by clips where you spot that some of the goals are nearly a year apart

Comment

What are you complaining about? You've got 'ickle Mickey now.

Comment

hahahahaha. Oh hobbes you are a card.

Comment

Nocturnal Submission wrote:
                Roches was Liberal Al/Impact Substitute, wasn't he?
                Got it in one, NS.

I'm intrigued by the widely-held view that Arsenal's problem is that although they excel at passing the ball and all have a wonderful touch, they're physically just too weak and they get bullied by stronger sides. Now, whilst that has been the case on occasions, of what I've seen recently Arsenal's problem is that their passing is routinely sloppy. And I'm stunned by the Kilbane-esque first touch I'm seeing Arsenal players displaying recently.

Add to that the most basic of defensive errors as displayed recently against Everton and Chelsea, and you have to wonder if the training ground is the artists workshop that it's made out to be.

Comment

Wenger must leave now so Pat Rice has a chance to stabalise the ship before it is too late.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                    I love the new format the EPL is using this season. Having lost last night's third place play-off with Arsenal, Liverpool go straight in to the fourth place deciding tie with Man City on the next round of league games. Innovative.
                    And only four days later, Scudamore acknowledges this as fact. You should sue him for breach of copyright Harry.

Comment

Ha! I hadn't realised that. I've always thought I could make it as a blue skys thinking football administrator.

Comment

Yohan Cabaye is exactly the type of player Arsene refuses to buy for some reason.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what (Mc)Elneny's actual position is? He was all over the place in that match. He can't tackle well, has little defensive awareness, can't pass or control a ball and he certainly can't finish. However, he seems to think that, because he has big hair, he's some kind of combination of Sane, Luiz and Fallaini - which he most certainly is not! Where does he really belong? In the bin, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and have we got any actual central defenders other than Koscielny? It would seem not. And all of this can be laid at Wenger's door.

Comment

We want you to staaaay.....

Comment

Cabaye was one of the big signs that Wenger was losing it. in the summer of 2011, Newcastle went to France and picked up half a team for nothing. Cabaye was captain of the champions Lille, and a french international, and clearly a pretty decent player. I suppose he would have been the closest in france to a new Emmanuel Petit, except wenger was no-where near interested in him. Instead Newcastle bought him and a year later Debuchy from lille, and sold debuchy at a large profit to Arsenal, and sold Cabaye for a huge sum to PSG.

Comment

Reginald Christ wrote: ...But even if they had signed him I think he'd eventually have succumbed to the same mental wasting disease that seems to afflict everyone at Arsenal these days...
                                Wenger, with fresh, young players...

Comment

Can't we all just agree that it can only be a good thing if he stays, if only that it significantly increases the chances of P***s M****n spontaneously combusting?

I even think the majority of Arsenal fans would accept plummeting through the divisions after Wenger signing a new 20-year contract if it meant watching his head explode live on Good Morning Britain. You've got to see the bigger picture for the greater good, even if it means suffering in the short-to-medium term.

Comment

Keep Wenger. Sack the ungrateful entitled football fan, the culture of immediacy, the bloated reactionary press, Sam Allardyce, the Holmsedale Fanatics, the idea of 'wanting a football club back', and the grinning gurning pundit class.

Comment

Troopz has family to feed.

Where's your compassion?

Comment

EIM wrote: Keep Wenger. Sack the ungrateful entitled football fan, the culture of immediacy, the bloated reactionary press, Sam Allardyce, the Holmsedale Fanatics, the idea of 'wanting a football club back', and the grinning gurning pundit class.
                                        This man speaks for me. But I think John Sheridan is a managerial genius, so what do I know?

Comment

Forgot to say to sack Fan TV channels. Apologies to all, and thank you to Ursus for the reminder.

Comment

I believe that I speak for ad hoc when I say they should all be sacked except Arsenal Fan TV[/i].

If the club has to continue to exist, the least it can do is provide us with entertainment.

Comment

EIM wrote: Keep Wenger. Sack the ungrateful entitled football fan
                                              After defeat by Palace on the 10th of April
                                              The Chief Executive of Arsenal Football Club
                                              Had leaflets distributed near Ashburton Grove
                                              Stating that the fans
                                              Had forfeited the confidence of the board
                                              And could win it back only
                                              By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
                                              In that case for the board
                                              To dissolve the fans
                                              And elect another?

(with apologies to Bertolt Brecht)

Comment

Wenger is presumably still not leaving as yet but I though this discussion ought to be revived. Unless other clubs do them a favour (and I'm not sure what permutations that would require) Arsenal seem to be very unlikely to make the Europa League place (5th) and probably lost any hope today of 4th (8 points adrift with only 15 games left).

Squad is getting weaker, and performances worse, at least relative to the five clubs above them.

Comment

I don't see how he can continue beyond this season. Perhaps his only chance now is to win the Europa League.

Comment

I liked this on Mundial’s Twitter :

“Stop all the clocks, turn off John Cross’ phone
                                                    Prevent AFTV from broadcasting next time you play at home
                                                    Silence the Emirates with muffled drum
                                                    Bring out the gigantic padded coat, let the mourners come.”

Comment

Working...
                                                    X