Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miep Gies R.I.P.

Anne Frank's best mate dies aged 100

I've always enjoyed the Roadrunner-esque quality of her name. Miep Miep...

Miep Gies R.I.P.

I also love that story about the opening night of the stage play of The Diary Of Anne Frank, which was apparently so bad that when the Nazis first broke into the house, someone in the audience shouted "THEY'RE IN THE ATTIC!"

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
      I also love that story about the opening night of the stage play of The Diary Of Anne Frank, which was apparently so bad that when the Nazis first broke into the house, someone in the audience shouted "THEY'RE IN THE ATTIC!"
      Good story, but unfortunately not true
      http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/zadora.asp

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

You know, that was exactly what popped into my mind, when I read your opening post, but I thought it in bad taste to post that back.

It was Pia Zadora (bless her) playing Anne Frank, wasn't it, as I recall?

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

Ah, well, clearly not, then.

Still a bloody funny story, though.

The idea of it happening in the theatre, I mean, not the story of Anne Frank. That's not funny in the slightest.

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

I've never read of Miep Gies before I read her obit in the NYT, I'm embarrassed to say.

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

I've never heard of Anne Frank before reading Miep Gies' obit in....

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

Anne Frank is also the source of my favourite comparative term for being useless:

"It's / They're / You're about as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit".

Taste: questionable.

Comment

Miep Gies R.I.P.

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                  Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                  Good story, but unfortunately not true
                  http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/zadora.asp
                  Which room were they hiding in then?

Comment

Working...
                  X