semi-urgent Q for jv, Inca, Reed or ursus, ideed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what time does the XLIV Superbowl start?
    Miami time, and Gothenburg time if you may be so kind

How long does this last, approx?
    With commercials and half-time show and thaht other bit when they actually toss a ball about?

Thanks

If history is a guide, it will probably start around 6:00 ET and end around 10:00.

Comment

Kickoff is just after 6:30 Eastern Standard Time. I don't know what that is in Gothenburg, but that's okay since the game isn't being played there.

Based on last year's duration - including Springsteen halftime show - it's roughly three and half hours long.

Comment

Reed's includes the pre-game show.

Comment

6:30pm EST is half past midnight (Monday) Swedish time.

Like Reed, I would suggest four hours from kickoff time until final whistle (more if it goes to overtime).

Comment

I'd say probably closer to 4 hours. And it'll feel like 8.

Comment

What's the big season premiere following the game this year? It's not Lost, is it?

Comment

It normally kicks off at about 1am UK time and lasts four hours or so.

Comment

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
                  What's the big season premiere following the game this year? It's not Lost, is it?
                  Nope, because the game is on CBS. It'll probably be a special episode of Two and a Half Men.

Comment

Watching the Superbowl in the US is infinitely more enjoyable than anywhere else. This is mostly accountable to the fact that only the US has the vast demand for advertising in-game.

For the US' one minute Coke advert followed by the GoDaddy girl, the UK will likely get an advert for a stair-lift or some awnings (endorsed by Mr Stalker).

Comment

The Who is doing the halftime show (resisting the urge to go through a Who is doing the halftime show? routine)

Comment

The NFL site says the game starts at 6, but that includes the introductions and star-spangled banner and all of that, I guess.

I was thinking 6 pm because that is traditionally the time I plan to be where I'm going to be to watch the game. If I'm watching it with people (something I now try to avoid) I need to make sure I get a good seat. If I'm watching it at my own home, I need to be home by 6 to make sure I have all of my provisions in order.

Comment

The way they sing the star-spangled banner at these sort of events, I can understand it taking up half an hour up until kick-off.

Cheers, all, for the info

Comment

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                            I need to be home by 6 to make sure I have all of my provisions in order.
                            A brief outline, please.

Comment

The Who is doing the halftime show (resisting the urge to go through a Who is doing the halftime show? routine)
                              Who's on first?

Comment

I'm predicting a US audience-friendly medley of CSI theme songs.

Comment

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
                                  Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                                  I need to be home by 6 to make sure I have all of my provisions in order.
                                  A brief outline, please.
                                  I need Diet Soda, some pretzels, some kind of sandwich that can be consumed while watching the game. Double check to see that the TV is working as it should, that I have enough toilet roll (don't want to have to run out for it during the game) and then watch some of the pre-game.

Comment

Once I went to the supermarket on Super Sunday just coincidentally, and it was a madhouse. I guess a lot of people wait until the day of to lay in their Super Bowl provisions. Procrastinators.

Comment

dglh wrote:
                                      Watching the Superbowl in the US
                                      This forum has taught me that this is another big difference between us and the rest of the world. Everyone else's natural inclinations are apparently to spell it Superbowl. But it is properly spelled Super Bowl. We don't go around spelling it Worldcup.

Comment

a lot of americans say it that way though.

Comment

If they didn't have to allways write it SUPER BOWL and embraced the existence of the whole alphabet in lower case, it would be easier to remember.

Comment

Working...
                                          X