Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19....you're only 19 for god's sake....

ohhhh you don't need a boyfriend.....

Is probably the long blondes line that old testament spouting celebrity homophobe Iris Robinson sang to poor Kirk mcCambley. "what you need is a 59 year old MP who can show you the ropes Kirk Big Boy."

After years and years acting like total aliens, it turns out the IRA are a hive of child rapists, and cover uppers..... and the DUP are actually like a cross between falcon crest and dynasty, with Iris Robinson as the joan collins figure.

There was a bbc newsnight programme on tonight that I'm profoundly upset that I missed. It may be the first time that anyone has ever regretted not having access to northern Ireland's brain crushing television channels.

Anyway for those of you not paying any attention at all, last week some time Irish Robinson said that she was retiring because of mental health issues, and about time too said all the people who thought that she had gone mad when she started going on about gays being an abomination, and how she had a psychiatrist friend who was able to cure the gay out of them so they could go on and marry women and have children;

Anyway, a couple of days ago a tearful peter robinson went on the tv to talk about his wife's affair, and how he only found out about it when she tried to commit suicide there a couple of weeks ago. "now could everyone please leave us in our private grief, and not watch the newsnight programme tomorrow night" was proabably what he meant to say but never got around to it.

It turns out that Iris found her young kirk, and helped him set up his cafe in some council developed building, and sorted him out for start up funding. She told her gay curing mate Selwyn black (btw who the hell is he kidding with a name like that) that "He is the other son I would have liked to have been a mother to" before showing that parent child weirdness isnt' a matter for republicans alone, by fucking poor kirk.

There are some stories about her giving him two contributors cheques to the value of 50,000 and getting 5,000 in cash back.

Anyway it turns out that her trusted psychiatrist gay curing friend called selwyn kept all of the secret tales she told him through the medium of text messages archived on his iphone and ratted her out to the bbc. because her morals were offended or something. Who knows.

Anyway it seems that she then tried to get him to launder some of the money after one of the contributors died through get this.... her own church.

Anyway there's loads more, and hopefully someone who has seen the show can tell us more about it.

(alternative title Tomb raider was considered and sadly cast to one side)

Didn't Peter claim to have found about Iris's suicide bid about eight months ago?

I haven't watched the Spotlight program (local NI politics), but the consensus there is much as Kube described. Iris will have to face the music assuming she lives long enough, Peter's claims of blissful ignorance won't wash, neither of them will be able to call on much of a groundswell of sympathy.

I feel Kube's pain at temporary loss of television reception. There is a lot of cross-border broadcast traffic- K has been relying on NI television and other British media all his life, while my Ma and aunt enthuse about the Late late with Tubridy on RTE.

My odds for the next pretendy parliament leader:

Nigel Dodds 4/6
    Jeffrey Donalson 4/1
    Arlene Foster 9/1
    Jim Allister 15/1
    Martin McGuinness 25/1 (a single bet here from the Sunday Business Post, Harcourt St, Dublin)
    Reg Empty 1,690-1

Comment

(alternative title Tomb raider was considered and sadly cast to one side)
      Suggest: Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson

Comment

It's more the Sound of Silence from Iris's camp right now.

Comment

Not to worry, Northern Ireland is unfortunately getting back to normal.

Comment

I've never had bbc, or utv or any of that stuff. We lived around the edge of a mountain from our local illegal deflector. We have basically two channels on which it was always snow, until we got a satellite dish in 1995.

Some people are rather unkindly commenting that it's impressive that peter was able to find his wife trying to kill herself, yet turn be at work at 8 the next morning laughing and joking around the water cooler, while the prospect of appearing on a bbc television programme has him sobbing and weeping like a bitch, and shaking like a leaf.

Comment

Isn't it amazing that both this and the adams child raping thing have laid dormant for years, only to come out when it looks like there might have to be some progress on policing?

Comment

The Mighty Kubelgog!!! wrote:
                Some people are rather unkindly commenting
                I think "some people" probably tends to 100%. It ain't looking good for the Swish family.

Isn't it amazing that both this and the adams child raping thing have laid dormant for years, only to come out when it looks like there might have to be some progress on policing?
                The major change to and progress on policing has already happened- the basically unionist RUC replaced by a PSNI that looks to recruit 50% nationalist officers, and Sinn Fein/IRA belatedly accepting the rule of law.

I'm reasonably relaxed about policing being run locally rather than from London, for what it's worth. And for co-operation with the Garda on this side of the border.

Comment

Some younger guys actually go out of their way to bed older women. I used to work with someone who would entertain us with weekly accounts of the latest woman he'd pulled, who were almost always at least twice his age. The stories reached their apogee with a tale of a wedding he attended at which he ended up going home with his best mate's mum, with whom his best mate still lived. The guy was made redundant a month or so later, so I'm not sure how the friendship faired.

Comment

I don't know what is funnier, the video clip most of the way down, or the fact that the bbc media player sound control goes all the way up to 11.

Comment

... the long blondes line...
                      I've had alternating "Green Fields Of France" and "Pacifying Joint" earworms meself, since reading the thread title.

Comment

Nothing wrong with an older Woman,the experience is well worth it. :0)

Comment

devon wrote:
                          Given you are over 40, that takes on a very creepy (and likely unintentional) air.

Comment

dglh wrote:
                            devon wrote:
                            Given you are over 40, that takes on a very creepy (and likely unintentional) air.
                            That was when i was younger. I'd go for an older Woman of 55 now,no higher.

Comment

The travails of Iris Robinson: hilarious.

A family of abused children, not knowing how to cope in the public eye with the almost inevitable fact that it spreads out and infects future generations with its poison; not hilarious.

Only a cuntbag of the highest order would think otherwise, on either count.

Comment

The story itself has gathered momentum outside NI, thanks to Newsnight dedicating last night's programme to the whole affair (although it paled in comparison to Spotlight, which I caught on I-Player).

Peter Robinson has refused to confirm or deny that he knew about the fifty grand, merely stating that he had no part in his wife's financial goings-on.

Really, Robinson should be a dead man walking, but a lack of a smoking gun combined with comments in Newsnight by those supposed in the know suggesting that he is a moderate in the DUP (even though he was groomed by that most enlightened of folk in Ian Paisley) and is suddenly vital to the peace process in NI; this was re-inforced by the simultaneous reporting of the bomb attack on a Catholic police officer.

As sad and deplorable as this bombing is, I can't see what this has to do with what is an act of alleged political corruption. There was even a question raised in Newsnight concerning whether the peace process in NI would be best represented by a possibly corrupt moderate or a holier than thou zealot within the ranks of the DUP.

It reminds me slightly of that classic sketch in Not The Nine O'Clock News; The Devil. Is he all bad?

Comment

What some seem to be saying is that because Peter Robinson didn't turn his wife in he should resign. What kind of marriages do you people have?

Comment

I know he's didn't ask an undercover policeman if he could snort crystal meth off his cock (an occupational hazzard for american bible thumpers) but I don't think that anyone really believes him, or is interested in his story. The DUP have expelled Iris, and she's resigning all of her 43 elected positions in the next week. There's going to be a general election and the dup are going to have to face the fucking cavemen of ulster, and they're going to need to have their fucking cunt credentials intact, otherwise they're going to be outflanked in the "I'm a bigger fucking cunt than you" stakes by the TUV.

Oddly enough the likely upshot of this is that martin mcGuinness is probably going to be the next first minister.

Comment

AMMS wrote:
                                      What some seem to be saying is that because Peter Robinson didn't turn his wife in he should resign. What kind of marriages do you people have?
                                      He should have resigned for not slinging her out of the party for being a worthless piece of sub-human homophobic shit.

Comment

Guy Potger wrote:
                                        AMMS wrote:
                                        He should have resigned for not slinging her out of the party for being a worthless piece of sub-human homophobic shit.
                                        He probably agrees with her on that one though.

Comment

AMMS wrote:
                                          Not to worry, Northern Ireland is unfortunately getting back to normal.
                                          At least we're left with no illusions as to the nature of the attack!

Chief Constable Matt Baggott said every decent person would condemn the attack.

"Our colleague was brutally targeted this morning in a cowardly attack as he left his home to travel to work," he said.
                                          Detective Chief Superintendent Williamson said dissident republicans were responsible for the bombing but it was too early to say which group was behind the attack.

He described it as an "atrocious act of terrorism carried out by cowardly thugs".
                                          First Minister Peter Robinson said is was a "cowardly evil act against a man committed to defending the free society we all enjoy".
                                          Detective Chief Superintendent Derek Williamson described the bomb as a 'cowardly terrorist attack'
                                          (Lest any of you be under any misunderstanding - it doesn't detract from the more fundamental issue here - some poor sod has been blown up in his car and is fighting for his life)

Comment

Resurrected Fred wrote:
                                            Really, Robinson should be a dead man walking, but
                                            I think he is, even if it takes another week for him to resign/ retire.

a lack of a smoking gun
                                            Apart from clear and overwhelming evidence of her taking bribes and him covering it up, he's been made to look ridiculous by her antics.

combined with comments in Newsnight by those supposed in the know suggesting that he is a moderate in the DUP
                                            The DUP doesn't really do excess moderation. It's a single-issue party only just coming out of its first 40 odd years as a personality cult for a religious maniac. Peter has been an MP since 1979 and a senior if youthful figure before that, effectively the party's office manager (although he had a more grandiose job title). He does have a reputation (from nationalist-leaning senior civil servants, apparently) of being competent in getting the bins emptied. Northern Ireland's administration, for all its airs, graces and fools on the hill, is basically a county council. But Peter is also homophobic and a flat-Earther, if not quite as indiscreetly as Iris.

[Peter] is suddenly vital to the peace process in NI; this was re-inforced by the simultaneous reporting of the bomb attack on a Catholic police officer
                                            He isn't really. The DUP will obviously be embarrassed by this, but there are other senior hacks, one of whom will take over and do the awkward photo opportunities with McGuinness and co. Nigel Dodds (a lawyer) is the favorite, although he equally has spent much of his career as basically an administrator.

As sad and deplorable as this bombing is, I can't see what this has to do with what is an act of alleged political corruption
                                            Agreed. The 'good' IRA don't want to murder thousands any more, the perks of even local government are preferable. Nobody votes for the 'bad' IRA, although clearly they have plenty of support in Lurgan's estates and the like. The two sides at Stormont will do another deal once the Swish family have fcuked off to their bolthole in Florida.

There was even a question raised in Newsnight concerning whether the peace process in NI would be best represented by a possibly corrupt moderate or a holier than thou zealot within the ranks of the DUP
                                            See above. The DUP as a whole sold out (after usurping the previously dominant UUP by promising no compromise with Sinn Fein). On that basis pretty much everyone influential in the party is both moderate and zealot at the same time. The carrot offered by the British government (sinecures, peerages etc.)proved irresistible.

Of course there's the 'Traditional (ie no compromise with the Fenians) Unionist Voice'. I doubt anyone thinks they are any more likely to resist being outflanked by an even more hardline breakaway, should they ever get anywhere near what passes for 'power' locally.

AMMS wrote:
                                            You people aren't married to the mob? Look, apart from her obvious health problems and bigotry, she seems to have been greedy enough to fiddle and he to hide it when he found out. Nevertheless I wish them both many more years of happily married life in their Miami condo with the Golden Girls.

The Mighty Kromwelgog!!! wrote:
                                            There's going to be a general election and the dup are going to have to face the fucking cavemen of ulster, and they're going to need to have their fucking cunt credentials intact, otherwise they're going to be outflanked in the "I'm a bigger fucking cunt than you" stakes by the TUV
                                            Less of the culchie halfwittery, banjo boy. Shouldn't you be more worried that the only guy semi-competent enough to run the South's ruined economy is in the advanced stages of terminal cancer?

As above, I don't think it really matters which of three or four unionist blocs emerges as top dog (or presents most cuntish cunt credentials, as Kube charmingly puts it). Whoever it is will do a deal with the nationalist parties and abnormal life will go on.

Oddly enough the likely upshot of this is that martin mcGuinness is probably going to be the next first minister
                                            Aye, right. Our favorite retired gunman? He'll be shooed in with whoops of delight by unionist voters, I don't doubt. It's about as likely as John Derangedy taking Togo's place in Angola as the South get to play in a finals after all.

Comment

But all that has to happen is that the DUP Cunt vote gets split with the Traditional cunts, and you wind up with sinn fein being the biggest party. The DUP are only 6% ahead of sinn fein the current assembly, and that doesn't take into account the existence of The TUV.

Less of the culchie halfwittery, banjo boy. Shouldn't you be more worried that the only guy semi-competent enough to run the South's ruined economy is in the advanced stages of terminal cancer?

now, now, is there a single inaccurate word in anything I wrote? I think that's actually probably the most accurate piece of political analysis of the northern sit-ye-a-shum that you'll see this year, explaining the likely events, clearly and succinctly, while giving everyone a clear idea of what these people are exactly like. They're a pack of fucking cunts.

Also it's amazing how competent and highly thought of brian lenihan has become since he's gotten cancer.

Anyway, Peter has stepped down for six weeks as he attempts to clear his name. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also it transpires that not only did iris fuck little kirk, but she had been banging his daddy like a gong as well. Isn't that nice and kinky. Also, It turns out that in order to free himself of the clutches of Iris, little kirk told her he had testicular cancer. Ooooh that's gotta hurt. You can almost see why she forced him to pay back the money he gave her.

No more than I'm amused about lenihan's sudden elevation to competence due to his illness, I'm kind of amused about how robinson has been elevated to the last best hope for the peace process, even though he's just another fucking bigot, who showed absolutely no sign of doing anything to move the process along at any stage.

I mean ultimately what is the DUP going to do when justice is devolved to northern ireland, and all of the various issues have been resolved, when the catholics are reconciled with being a vaguely semi-autonomous part of the UK, and have accepted the police, and put all violence behind them. What exactly are the DUP going to do? They don't seem to have any policies, other than hating catholics, marginally more than they hate themselves.

Comment

I just love it that the church the Robinson's are in is called the Life Free Methodists...

Comment

now, now, is there a single inaccurate word in anything I wrote?
                                                  Well, well, habitually dismissing all unionists/ Northern Irish people generally as cunts, you can hardly complain if one stoner Culchie gets called a halfwit.

But all that has to happen is that the DUP Cunt vote gets split with the Traditional cunts, and you wind up with sinn fein being the biggest party. The DUP are only 6% ahead of sinn fein the current assembly, and that doesn't take into account the existence of The TUV
                                                  The crucial stat in NI elections isn't Sinn Fein's 25-30%, it's that nationalists as a whole only managed 42% in the last election. So 16% behind. They're more likely to get the top gig in Dail Eireann than the Pretendy Parliament. The unionists (even if their vote fractures into three or four parties) will cobble someone together. No unionist politician is going to vote for gunman Marty.

I think that's actually probably the most accurate piece of political analysis of the northern sit-ye-a-shum
                                                  Do fcuk off. You sound like my sister in law; poking fun at others' accents is a bit daft when you're from Wolverhampton or Ballygobackwards. You do realise that to 99%of Brits you and I sound pretty much alike?

Also it's amazing how competent and highly thought of brian lenihan has become since he's gotten cancer
                                                  I did agree (with Garcia) that he was half-competent.

Anyway, Peter has stepped down for six weeks as he attempts to clear his name. AHAHAHAHAHA
                                                  I suppose we're agreed. He won't be back, not once Arlene gets used to the trappings of pretendy power.

she had been banging his daddy like a gong as well. Isn't that nice and kinky
                                                  Meanwhile, all the Fermanagh-based 40-somethings on NI boards (and of course the teenagers) are denying any past carnage relations with La Presidente Foster.

I'm kind of amused about how robinson has been elevated to the last best hope for the peace process
                                                  Foster, or any one of a dozen other unionist hacks is perfectly capable of chewing the fat with Marty. Anyway, why are you so upset about process? We've got peace, or as close it as reasonably likely. Good IRA ain't murdering thousands any more, even the UDA have cleared their Romper Room arms stockpile?

I mean ultimately what is the DUP going to do when [detail]
                                                  Fold themselves into the Conservative Party as of old, I think. Although I don't expect 42% of the population to stop voting for nationalist single-issue parties next Tuesday, so reasonably enough 50% that are unionists won't give up their S-IPs either. If you can indeed have five or six parties contesting one issue...

hating catholics, marginally more than they hate themselves
                                                  Spare us the cod psychology, for God's sake?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X