No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ad is perhaps traumatic in a different way. Not sure I want my chutney to have this exact effect

Comment

I'm always amused that, having noted that I mainly watch videos about electric cars, renewable energy and the like, YouTube concludes that the best advert to target me with is for a rebodied Renault powered by a stinking diesel.

Comment

Muller Quark.

What is that? Ooh protein. Yay, I guess.

And bizarre European milkmaid stereotypes and talking cows.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Muller Quark.

What is that? Ooh protein. Yay, I guess.

And bizarre European milkmaid stereotypes and talking cows.
          Now available in charm and strange flavours.

Comment

Not a TV ad but a radio ad and I've not 'just' heard it. In fact it was some years ago but I was reminded of it today.

Driving through Colorado with Mrs.House Cat an ad came on the radio for a newly refurbished emergency room at a hospital. The ad finished with, to paraphrase, "next time you or a loved one has a medical emergency consider Mercy Hospital" or whatever it was.

Consider this:-

"Honey, I'm having a heart attack!"

"Lets try that new emergency room at Mercy."

"I'm having a heart attack! Call someone! Call 9!!!"

"That ER sounds really neat."

"I might be dying!"

"You're no fun."

We were laughing so hard we had to stop the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              This ad is perhaps traumatic in a different way. Not sure I want my chutney to have this exact effect
              To paraphrase Dolly Parton, they must have spent a lot of money for it to look so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                Now available in charm and strange flavours.
                I like how the milkmaids twirl to the Hawkwind soundtrack on those ads...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                  The latest Nespresso ad has followed in the footsteps of Budweiser by opting for a horrendous medieval theme. They've dragged in Natalie Dormer to share in Clooney's humiliation.
                  Just noticed: "What doth thou desire?"

Come on, people, it's not difficult (as Stephen Fry once said on QI, IIRC).

Comment

Ching is slang for cocaine, isn't it?

Comment

It's slang for money around here.

Comment

Separate from ka-ching or ker-ching?

Comment

I've heard all three but lately I hear 'ching' a lot.

Comment

Interesting

Hasn't made it up here yet

Comment

I once met a guy who said 'cha-ching!'

Which, obviously, is just plain wrong.

Comment

That EE advert with David Mitchell and Kevin Bacon driving through a safari park and instead of being grateful for a day out and enjoying the animals, the 3 kids in the back do nothing but moan that they have no data on their mobiles. Given Bacon's annoying EE "career", the fact that Mitchell should know better than to be in such an appaling ad, and the brats in the back, they should be driven to the lion enclosure and the doors opened, instead of, ha ha ha, the monkeys nicking bits off of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                  That EE advert with David Mitchell and Kevin Bacon driving through a safari park and instead of being grateful for a day out and enjoying the animals, the 3 kids in the back do nothing but moan that they have no data on their mobiles. Given Bacon's annoying EE "career", the fact that Mitchell should know better than to be in such an appaling ad, and the brats in the back, they should be driven to the lion enclosure and the doors opened, instead of, ha ha ha, the monkeys nicking bits off of the car.
                                  The thing that confuses me about this ad is that David Mitchell has never been associated with kids, either in real life or in any of his roles, so he seems a very odd choice to be the dad taking three kids to a safari park, the very opposite of being typecast.

Comment

Given David Mitchell would accept a fee to turn up at the opening of an envelope there's nothing odd about it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                      Given David Mitchell would accept a fee to turn up at the opening of an envelope there's nothing odd about it at all.
                                      Well, yes, I don't really blame him for taking the money but what was the (casting) director thinking?

Comment

I think it's a very positive message of a dad who's finally come out of the closet taking his three children to the safari park with his new partner.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                                          The thing that confuses me about this ad is that David Mitchell has never been associated with kids, either in real life or in any of his roles, so he seems a very odd choice to be the dad taking three kids to a safari park, the very opposite of being typecast.
                                          Well, Mark (ie, Mitchell) was supposed to have fathered a child to Sophie in Peep Show - but, true, he was shown to be ridiculously inept at parenting.

Comment

He (Mitchell) is a dad.

Comment

Why are Red Robin offering bottomless steak fries? What did they do? Why are they bribing us, so?

OK, admittedly, the price was a hint.

Comment

That one where the blokes reaction to his small child saying "Daddy, I'm Hungry" is not to head to the kitchen to see what he can rustle up for the poor mite-oh no,no,no.
                                                Far better to ask Alexa if there are any Greek restaurants nearby because there's nothing a starving child wants more than to trek out for a plate of stuffed vine leaves and a few glasses of retsina.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                                                  That one where the blokes reaction to his small child saying "Daddy, I'm Hungry" is not to head to the kitchen to see what he can rustle up for the poor mite-oh no,no,no.
                                                  Far better to ask Alexa if there are any Greek restaurants nearby because there's nothing a starving child wants more than to trek out for a plate of stuffed vine leaves and a few glasses of retsina.
                                                  +1 meant to post that load of wank earlier

Comment

I'm watching the SEHA league game between Metalurg and Steaua at the moment and noticed that Gazprom is using "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" as it's slogan. Which astounded me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X