No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies if this has been covered. I've just seen that chewing gum ad again (with the teenagers about to have sex until her parents return).

Am I the only one who thinks it's either incomprehensible or, if I have understood the message, utterly horrible?

Comment

Any normal father would throw the smarmy little prick out on the street in his jocks, meanwhile the new Halifax ad with bits of the Wizard of Oz in it is poorly made,tacky and not even slightly original,Holstein did it better with Griff Rhys Jones over 30 years ago

Comment

That gum ad is utterly, utterly nonsensical. And that's aside from the weediest of excuses to shoehorn-in a bit of lame-assed sexual suggestion and eye-candy for the teenies.

Comment

meanwhile the new Halifax ad with bits of the Wizard of Oz in it is poorly made,tacky and not even slightly original

Halifax seem to be in the business of taking anything beloved from people's childhood cultural years and turning it into vast steaming piles of televisual excrement. Like the aforementioned gum advert, they're both irredeemably pointless.
          Last edited by ian.64; 28-06-2018, 12:26. Reason: 'Irredeemingly'? Ay, caramba.

Comment

Comment

Gareth Bale shaving Nilmar's face into someone's hair..? 'Wish' advert. I think there are a string of them, featuring celebrities wot young people would recognise.

the irony is, that, altho not blond, the effect is Nilmar's actual hair in this tournament

Comment

I think the whole point of the Wish adverts is that they're full of players not going to the World Cup, hence the "time on your hands" slogan.

As well as Bale, there's Buffon, van Persie, Tim Howard, Claudio Bravo and maybe one or two others I've forgotten.

Also FIGS, why do you keep calling Neymar Nilmar? Is it some kind of in-joke that's gone over my head?

Comment

I'm sure it's fairly self-explanatory (and childish)- you know what Nil means in football..?

Comment

Don't know about traumatic but a law firm over here is running a campaign asking that if you been prescribed this drug and have developed a gambling addiction you may be eligible for compensation. Really,

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                      I'm sure it's fairly self-explanatory (and childish)- you know what Nil means in football..?
                      I have been well and truly whooshed.

Comment

Nilmar

Comment

Is Jeff Stelling short of money or something? I've just seen the third different product he's advertising this World Cup - he's added pizza to betting and shaving equipment. Said pizza ad copies the shaving one by including Chris Kamara and the predictable payoff line between the two.

Comment

We are on Page 61, so I may have done this.

Now, it's reasonably funny for a commercial, but two things annoy me.

1) The weak-arse way he slams his bag/hand on the counter, but more importantly,
                            2) the sneaky way he calls 'Cheetos', snacks. They are not. They are a heart-attack in a bag, however tasty. (And they are absolutely not a patch on Wotsits anyway, so fuck 'em.)

Comment

Yes, despite the lacklustre acting, it is a reasonably funny ad (with an okay pay-off); and, yes, he absolutely should've followed through with his hand for the 'slam' moment. (I'll bet that that did happen originally, but was re-taken for being 'too violent/confrontational/contentious'.)

But Cheetos are still snacks. I mean, pretty much all these things are gonna kill us.

Comment

It's a good spot. My only quibble is the reliance on "whaaaa?" as a comedy trope amongst a certain set (ad writers...25 to 35 years of age). Seriously, the "whaaaaaaaaat?" thing (usually delivered by an older black woman) is dead dead dead and yet it keeps coming around. The cat bit is cute.

Comment

I literally cannot find it online, but look out for the "Command" commercial for sticking things on the wall, with a young lady going to college. It all goes swimmingly until the very last 4 seconds... and the rest I will not comment on.

(Imagine my surprise, when I was trying to find this thing, and it seems that "Command" were previously advertised by MC Hammer. But of course they were.)

Comment

Just seen a rather weird advert for Natur Vital shampoo. Firstly the acting is really bad. Secondly for some reason the bad actors have decided that the style of acting required for talking about shampoo is Shakespearean. Thirdly someone has decided that the male and female characters discussing shampoo in the bathroom whilst dressed only in dressing gowns should be father and (adult) daughter. Now I'm not suggesting that anything improper is going on (although given the atmosphere of Shakespearean tragedy this can't be ruled out) but it does seem slightly odd that they've gone with this particular relationship rather than the man and his partner.

Comment

Apolgies if this one has already been mentioned but watching the Tour de France on ITV4 in recent weeks has exposed me to a narrow loop of baffling/insane ads, the worst offender being this :

My bemusement was increased by the fact that it appears to be a "sequel", though I like this one more because it focuses on the dog :

Comment

I mentioned the original a while back because there was another advert at the same time that also used a rewritten version of "Flash".

Meanwhile...

David Hasselhoff. Farmfoods. I'll just leave it hanging there.

Comment

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dkcP/kyleena...ut-remembering

The product is not in my sphere of reference, but the acting is freaking shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                            https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dkcP/kyleena...ut-remembering

The product is not in my sphere of reference, but the acting is freaking shocking.
                                            I wonder if Alex McGregor will ever put that on her showreel?

Comment

Some sort of Microsoft computer advert... but it's the two people advertising it that made me scream at the TV.

"The Salmon sisters". I'm not even going to link the commercial I am so angry.

Comment

Oh, and the advert for the HP laptop, which has a kid using his sleeping mum's fingerprint to unlock it... what a little bastard. I hope she wakes up and beats the shit out of him.

(Obviously I don't really. A broken bottle to the jugular should suffice.)

Comment

I realise i'm late to this party, but I've only just seen the Bud Light "dilly dilly" advert. How can this feeble, unimaginative shite have provoked such a plethora of internet memes? It's unfunny, unmemorable pish.

Also, those Kayak adverts. From her appearance, the young woman they've chosen to appear in them is obviously supposed to represent some sort of everywoman - but they've spoiled the effect by employing an absurdly posh voice artist, who sounds like the sort of overprivileged brat whose parents are billionaires, landed gentry and government ministers all at the same time.

Comment

I've been meaning to mention this and someone may have raised it before. There is a commercial on US TV that invites people to, literally, shit in a box and send it somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X