No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'd probably have been my next guess.

Good to see that even the Aussies have sufficient taste not to place Foster's (or any of those other innocuous lagers) at the top of the pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
      That'd probably have been my next guess.

Good to see that even the Aussies have sufficient taste not to place Foster's (or any of those other innocuous lagers) at the top of the pile.
      Foster's has all but disappeared in Australia, I believe. Case study in the gullibility of the U.K. public.

Comment

Foster's is actively offensive. I can't smell it, but by the taste I reckon it has a bouquet of football changing rooms and fag ends.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          "Coors Banquet" is just Coors' standard lager. It's so old that it won a medal at the Colombian Exposition in 1893.
          I love those sorts of awards that when, on inspection, turn out to be as relevant as the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Bud Light is the best selling beer in the US by some margin.

Which says a lot, especially when one notes that numbers two and three are Coors Light and Miller Light, followed by standard Bud.
            In fairness, its market share is shrinking dramatically. The good-beer market is massively fragmented , which artificially inflates the status of the fizzy-piss brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              Foster's is actively offensive. I can't smell it, but by the taste I reckon it has a bouquet of football changing rooms and fag ends.
              In the Kent pubs back in the eighties, 'the lads' (your soul-boy types, etc) drank 'Foster's top'. I can still hear that bloke with the white cap-sleeved t-shirt and tossy moustache calling it out to a mate at the bar as he clatters another pile of fifty-pence pieces onto the pool table while I'm trying to pot my remaining stripes.

Foster's top. Just let that sink in.

Comment

Can I confess at this point that my preferred drink in pubs is Carling, or Fosters if they haven't got it. Apparently on here that's enough to get be burned as a chav, as other people have heard of it and it doesn't come from some obscure microbrewery that make one barrel a year, but I like it, it's easy to find, and it's three quid a pint.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/CasualUK/co...eal_ale_twats/

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                    Apparently on here that's enough to get be burned as a chav...
                    Not sure anybody else has used that term at all?

I'm not especially a CAMRA-type or microbrewery fiend - I just like beer to taste of, well, 'beer'. If folk prefer lager, that's fine - their funeral - but my misgiving with Foster's, Carling, etc, is that they don't really seem to taste of anything. Each to his own, of course - and perhaps sticking a lemonade top on either would give it 'some' flavour - but, y'know, if you can't drink alcohol, then perhaps don't drink alcohol? (That's aimed at the 'top'-brigade. Do people even still ask for that?)

I'll admit to choosing a lager if I'm at a curry house - it works with the food, plus they don't usually have much alternative anyway.

Comment

Fair enough, it's more an accumulation of several occasions on here when being one of the millions who drinks the most popular lager means that you get looked down on and told you are wrong to like it. No offence taken and nothing personal. I like it and the people I drink with like it (and yes, part of my normal round is Nigel, who always has a Fosters Top).

From when I worked behind the bar I'd say about one in twenty pints of lager wanted a top in, slightly more in hot weather. There was one bloke who always insisted that the top went in first, which led to my comment one evening "Ah, you're the one who likes it in the bottom," which did nearly cause a riot.

Comment

Ha. I'm genuinely surprised that folk still ask for a lager top, however: I s'pose I just thought it was something of that era (ie, about thirty-plus years back) - like snoods, Filofaxes and Kelly Monteith.

Comment

Do we do good ads on here? One of my favourite films meeting one of my favourite songs and climate change deniers getting mocked here :

I’m sure there’s a fair chance the company themselves are cynical, rapacious liars of course.

Comment

Yeah, excellent ad, and possibly the only ad I've ever turned up the TV for (and added a slight bit of headbanging).

Comment

I did not watch the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Do we do good ads on here? One of my favourite films meeting one of my favourite songs and climate change deniers getting mocked here.
                                Very fine commercial indeed. Network remains one of my favourite films as well.

Comment

Not TV but it is adverts.

I've been listening to more podcasts lately and I don't understand how the advertising ecosystem works. The vast majority of adverts I hear are for other podcasts. That can't be sustainable can it?

Secondly, one of the non podcast adverts I hear a lot is for Vauxhall who appear to now have a strap line of "A british brand since 190X". This seems slightly disingenuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    I've been listening to more podcasts lately and I don't understand how the advertising ecosystem works. The vast majority of adverts I hear are for other podcasts. That can't be sustainable can it?
                                    No. And how big an enterprise is Stamps.com? And how many people order Blue Apron meals in a box instead of just going to the supermarket? And Audible for books on 'tape'.

Comment

Every other advert I hear on podcasts seems to be for various razors.

Comment

Stamps.com is listed on the NASDAQ and had revenue/turnover of more than USD 465 million in 2017.

Comment

FUCKING. BUD. LITE. COD. MEDIEVAL. CUNTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                            FUCKING. BUD. LITE. COD. MEDIEVAL. CUNTS.
                                            Dilly dilly!

(Agreed. Fucking reprehensible shite.)

Comment

Don't Bud do this out of habit now? Thinking of the talking frogs, and "Whassap?"

Comment

They were at least amusing for a short while. This Dilly Dilly shit just makes me feel embarrassed for them as much as anything else.

It's also ruining a perfectly good nursery/folk song. Now if ever I hear it I'm plagued by the vision of those twonks.

Comment

Halifax.

Wizard of Oz.

Seriously, fuck this planet and nuke it to oblivion so nothing shall ever live again. It'll save me ever having to see such sacrilege again.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                    Dilly dilly!

(Agreed. Fucking reprehensible shite.)
                                                    Also ruined one of the greater aspects of Leicester's Premiership triumph and Claudio's sound bites.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X