I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Yesterday Mrs Thistle texted me to say she'd just seen an advert for soup for cats. Apparently this was so bizarre she had to text me.
    I've literally just watched this ad.

The worst of it is the soup looks really, really good. Chicken and prawns. My other half agrees.

Comment

I've now seen the soup ad. I can see how it will appeal to the people who own cats.

Comment

"What about the beach house?"

I burned it down and gave your Renault a vicious keying for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
          I've literally just watched this ad.

The worst of it is the soup looks really, really good. Chicken and prawns. My other half agrees.
          I was recently on feeding duty for a neighbour's cat while she was away recently, and some of this 'moggybroth' was in evidence. I mean, he ate it all well and good, but there was near-enough sweet FA in the pouch - and as far as I could work out, it came in at much the same price as regular cat food. The words 'laughing all the way to the bank' come to mind.

Comment

If the pouches are like regular cat food pouches I can only imagine the broth part of the soup shoots up your arm when you tear it open.

Comment

There's hardly enough of anything to shoot anywhere, tbh - this stuff barely constitutes 'soup' as you or I might understand it...

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
                The new Microsoft advert with the glowing millennial excited at how many jobs she'll have to work, as well as being a blogger, podcaster and travel writer. Just no.
                It's like a parody ad in a dystopic sci-fi comedy. And yet it's for real.

Comment

It's a marketing execs view of what a Millennial is.

Comment

Thank the lord for advertising creatives and their incisive clarity, because when the subject of PPI arises, one naturally thinks of an animatronic Schwarzenegger head scooting around supermarkets on small toy wheels while making growling noises and pursuing shoppers. This 'chuck-any-old-shit-at-the-undiscerning-proles' approach yields some interesting results, mind.

Comment

That is the shittest of shit adverts

Comment

It's a contender in a growing field of cack, certainly.

Comment

FORTY TWO MILLION QUID?

Comment

That PPI advert is on everything at the moment as well. Freaked the hell out of me the first time.

Speaking of trauma - the BT Broadband advert with the little girl video calling her grandfather and showing him her pet budgie: the absolute gut-wrench I felt when it flew out of the skylight was awful, though thankfully it's only about a second before they're reunited in the ad.

Comment

Oh, don't Kev. I'm still mourning two cockatiels who escaped 15 and 14 years ago respectively.

Comment

Those webuyanycar.com ads that try to get round their ripping off sellers by suggesting that not wanting to be ripped off by them is the mark of a neglectful parent are repulsive even by cynical advertising standards. I haven't got a car or kids but still want to locate and destroy whoever is responsible for them.

Comment

For some reason a US advert is using The Specials' A Message To You; it is bizarre that the responsible agencies are plundering an era that seems uniquely Anglo-Jamaican in ways that would surely have no appeal for Yanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                    Oh, don't Kev. I'm still mourning two cockatiels who escaped 15 and 14 years ago respectively.
                                    Don't. 22 years in for me, and the circumstances were tragically farcical. Me and Axl were staying at my mam and dads while my house was getting work done on it. My mam was hoovering - with the windows open, in November - and had put the cage on a wooden stool 'out of the way'.

You can guess the rest.

Comment

Arby's - The most exciting thing to happen to turkeys, since the invention of the baster.

At first thought, I thought "mm, that's funny." But no, it isn't. Using a turkey baster on a turkey, means it is dead. My first thought was obviously about where you put the turkey baster, but it is used for artificial insemination, and that isn't funny at all. Turkey basters do not really go into the turkey per se (ok, they can), but are mainly used to suck the juices from the bottom of the pan, and then sprayed over the turkey to moisten it.

In short, a seriously fucking stupid advert.
                                      Last edited by Gerontophile; 24-10-2017, 18:43.

Comment

That Beagle Street life insurance ad, with the evil naggy girlfriend. Find myself shouting get out now to that poor bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                          Arby's - The most exciting thing to happen to turkeys, since the invention of the baster.

At first thought, I thought "mm, that's funny." But no, it isn't. Using a turkey baster on a turkey, means it is dead. My first thought was obviously about where you put the turkey baster, but it is used for artificial insemination, and that isn't funny at all. Turkey basters do not really go into the turkey per se (ok, they can), but are mainly used to suck the juices from the bottom of the pan, and then sprayed over the turkey to moisten it.

In short, a seriously fucking stupid advert.
                                          I cannot stand meat-product ads that suggest at any kind of complicity in the animal itself - like the poor, wretched creature wants to be eaten by you. This has been a bugbear of mine since before I gave up meat: I can remember being slightly bothered by the old Richmond sausage character (a jolly pig wielding a sausage on a fork) back when I was a nipper.

That current KFC commercial with the chicken looking wistfully into the camera is the latest offender.

Comment

Some traffic safety ones that I've seen recently.

Firstly, it's a little sad that Widowlicker is still the sine non qua for odd sounding music. Though it was nice to hear a bit of it in the new no mobiles while driving advert.

Secondly, and in poster form, is the FIA's road safety campaign. Awful, lazily laid out adverts with a celebrity telling the public not to do something. So this morning I saw Nico Rosberg saying don't drink and drive and Michelle Yeoh holding a child seat with the advert instructing people to use it. The ads are terrible and I don't get why they got Michelle Yeoh (and other non driving celebs) involved. Finally, why are the FIA spending money in the UK on this where the government has spent lots on money over the past 40 years on exactly this stuff? Is it just so that people in the UK can see the adverts and that the FIA is doing stuff? (The adverts mentioned I saw at City Thameslink).

Comment

Is McDonald's the only company that has ever had an advertising campaign focused on debunking urban myths about their business practices?

Comment

No, I'm sure Woolworths had a "We don't really gob in the pick 'n' mix" campaign in the mid-80s.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                                  Is McDonald's the only company that has ever had an advertising campaign focused on debunking urban myths about their business practices?
                                                  Aldi have a similar campaign.

Comment

Amongst the ads that currently make my piss itch, there is none more irritable right now that that Tui holiday ad with the woman singing a simpering pathetic version of "Ain't Nobody". I fucking hate adverts that turn classic tracks into dreary, whiny versions that somehow have you picturing the singer seeming really smug at the same.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X