I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving past the InTouch Credit Union, which has a very large LED advert board, with the slogan InTouch - For all your IRA needs.

Comment

Adam Peaty in the new Quorn ad is so stilted, he makes Mo Farah look like Olivier. I didn't know that was possible.

Comment

Southport Zeb wrote: The New Year means adverts for part works, inviting you to spend the next couple of years exchanging hundreds of pounds for a slowly accumulating collection of bits which, when put together, make some sort of model.

One of this year's offerings is a model of the DeLorean from Back To The Future. For the advert they have managed to get a voiceover artist who sounds almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Christopher Lloyd.
        I always wonder who buys those things. Someone must, as year after year things that build into a detailed replica of [insert object here] lurch onto our screens.

Unless it's a loss maker for tax purposes.

Comment

I imagine that their are literally some people who had their heart set on building that (insert object here) and the magazine has stopped publishing. With said punter now irate to find that he, and it will be a 'he', has one piece missing from his meisterwerk, and decides to embark on a new meisterwerk which will involve mobile phones, wires, and his cache of stolen C-4, which he just happened to come across whilst he was a TA reservist.

And a fairly big building.

Comment

There's a bloke I work with, looks like the comic book guy in the Simpsons ,spends his whole time bitching about his life except for his love of lego and star wars, after a week of slagging off people who'd buy the delorean kit he's beside himself with delight over the chance to buy a working r2d2

Comment

Farmfoods have managed a celebrity endorsement in the shape of Len Goodman. He may or may not shop there, but I bet he doesn't do so wearing his best bib and tucker as the ad suggests.

There is also an entirely predictable pay off line which anyone even vaguely familiar with Strictly will be able to spot a mile off.

Comment

"I'll give it semen" or something?

Comment

Not on TV, but an advert I've just seen down the side of my browser. Is that who I think it is? I didn't click the link - I'm tall, but I'm not XXXXXXL (mansize, apparently)

Comment

You're not thinking Razor Ruddock are you andrew...?

Comment

It's an odd photo for an advert, almost like he's been papped rather than posed for it. Makes it look like he's not been complicit... but then, this is Ruddock we're talking about - the man has an inability to say "No" to anything.

Comment

Is 'man-sized men' male for 'real women'?

Comment

I think you're right there VV. I'm with 3CR as well – I think it must be the way Ruddock's standing in front of the green-framed glass, peering into the middle distance, because I can't look at it without thinking he's been snapped (perhaps by a random passer-by, on their phone) while waiting at a bus shelter.

Comment

The new TV ad for Aviva where a supposedly-unsuspecting couple are given a supposedly-unexpected stunt journey (all swerves and screeches) in a taxi driven by a badly-disguised David Coulthard. Clever editing must've left out the coarse language any normal person would doubtless scream if they've found suddenly found themselves sat in the back of a taxi that's being driven like a whirling dervish. The couple seem to be enjoying themselves, which I wouldn't be if the driver of my taxi suddenly decided to steer like a loon on a death wish. Happy expressions of exhausted, curse-free delight, post-drive, add to its fake feel.

On another note, the 'blokes in a dance showdown' Money Supermarket ads, even now, never fail to reach 'fuck off!' levels of unmittigated annoyance

Comment

ian.64 wrote: On another note, the 'blokes in a dance showdown' Money Supermarket ads, even now, never fail to reach 'fuck off!' levels of unmittigated annoyance
                              Second year in a row that one has accumulated lots of compaints:

2016 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38672439
                              2015 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35639333

Comment

In the Always advert fronted by top DJ and Producer Phoebe D'Abo (so it says) as she's banging out some tunes on the mixing desk and making the crowd go wild with excitement, the camera has 3 different angles to show the dancing hordes; behind her, to the right of her and to the left. What the advert makers failed to notice is that the same bloke appears on all the different shots (tall mixed race chap, large hair, pale blue top), so either he was running around hell for leather in merriment to Phoebe's top tunes, or they did the cheap option and got the same crowd to move around for the camera shots to create some atmosphere.

Comment

A running theme through adverts for estate agents Yopa is that their name is not YMCA. Without the constant references to it I'm not sure the fact that the two names shared a couple of letters would cross the mind of anyone.

Comment

Razor Ruddock is indeed shilling for BadRhino, although the awkward shots on the website make it appear he is doing so under duress, or has been tricked into it.

And what the fuck is up with his hands in this shot?

Comment

Sotheby's are advertising on Breitbart.

Comment

I'm an occasional sports better, not recently admittedly, but I'm sure I'll place further bets on sporting events from time to time in the future. But I've now made a solemn vow that I will never, ever, place a bet with Bet365, because their Ray Winstone adverts, which are in almost every sodding commercial break in the Eurosport tennis coverage, fill me with such disgust and loathing.

There's no actor in the world whose persona I detest more than Winstone's. Something about that thuggish Cockney tone of menace is just utterly repulsive and contemptible.

Comment

Ruddock also looks like he's sporting a rather bad mullet with highlights.

Comment

The current Sainsburys one featured dance cooking or something similar makes me want to hunt down every single participant with murderous intent.

Comment

"Disrespect NoBody".

An admirable campaign, stymied only by some truly terrifying disembodied breasts amongst other deeply disturbing images.

Comment

Argh! THe bank one with Nimrod playing and a woman doing a sort of not really poem.

Comment

This Skoda advert with Bradley Wiggins is a bit weird, given that one of the ways that Sky sought to endear themselves to their peers when they arrived on the scene was by rejecting the standard issue Skoda team vehicles and insisting on using Jaguars.

Comment

Just saw an ad for a generic toilet cleaning product (I have no idea which) where the pay-off line was:

"Even a VIP needs to VI-poo"

What is wrong with these advertising people?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X