Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just seen a traumatic advert

The people at the agency have clearly been watching The Trip

Makes a change from them ripping off all their ideas from YouTube.

Comment

Christ. Another one.

Comment

Honestly, I'm astounded to think Marco Pierre White gives a flying fuck about what the Women's Institute thinks of his stock cubes. The outtakes must be filled with him losing his rag or emptying pans of gravy over a middle aged woman who has said it was a bit salty.

Comment

Christ. Another one.

There's another Christ?

Anyway, seeing as your burst of frustration was directly blow my post, I might as well ask: wassamatter?

Comment

I'm guessing spam attack that was later removed.

Comment

Ah, fair do's.

Comment

That Kindle advert.
                There's something about the generic,'fuck it, that'll do' laziness, the soft focus toothy catalogue model arseholes & all round heavily medicated, relentless cheeriness that really fucking boils my piss.

Comment

I see Paddy Power have come up with another likeable "everyman".

He's a beery Essex ginger, and he cuts through the crap they talk on mobile phone adverts. He's not like the Frenchie. I bet the dollybird actress has moved into his down to earth flat with him. And I bet he says to her "not tonight Josephine, I'm betting on the football!"

Comment

Boris Carpark wrote:
                    That Kindle advert.
                    There's something about the generic,'fuck it, that'll do' laziness, the soft focus toothy catalogue model arseholes & all round heavily medicated, relentless cheeriness that really fucking boils my piss.
                    And if a dog started licking my expensive new toy it would get a boot up the arse.

Comment

I saw a poster for Marseille tourism on the Tube this morning and the ostensibly attractive model in it just looked really creepy, like a RealDoll or something. It freaked me out.

Comment

The (Wilkinson Sword?) Quattro Bikini ad.

It just seemed odd putting it in the middle of The Simpsons.

Comment

When biscuit ads go Gaga.

Comment

i feel really sorry for all those thousands of poor sods that actually have to work for Halifax - LBG.

it must be very embarrassing to be associated with such shite.

anyone on here ever been really embarrassed by an employers advert?

Comment

I've got a mate who works for Halifax & is well aware I hold him personally responsible.
                              Halifax have had open auditions for their staff to appear in their adverts in the past, my mate went along purely to get a free day off & was going to feign some sort of panic attack in the unlikely event he actually got selected.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                                It's to indicate that no-one's used the facilities since the cleaner was there.
                                It's my hotel room, presumably if someone other than the cleaner or other staff were in there before my return, having a crap is probably the last thing on their mind, unless it's some horrible punctuation mark to their pinching the contents of my bags.

Comment

ian: It was indeed a spam attack. Wasn't having a go at your bid to increase your post count.

The Nintendo 3DS ad is currently getting right on my tits. Not sure why.

Comment

The 3DS ones aren't as bad as the Pokemon ones. I saw an ad for it last night with One Direction and it was terrible.

Comment

The new University where I work spent loads of money on marketing gurus under a previous managerial regime in the 90s and their wizard wheeze was to send out the prospectus to anyone who requested one IN A RUBBER ENVELOPE.

The whole 'campaign' was fetish-themed, with 'try it you'll like it' as one of the nudge-nudge slogans. There were others and the union activists started a counter-campaign amongst the staff to invent the next fetish-themed idea (I mean 'idea', sorry). I think I put together a fake poster for an environmental sciences degree that involved 'waterworks.'

Comment

any one seen the T-Mobile Royal Wedding one?

Oh Lordy. I was in one of their shops on Saturday and they had it on repeat on a big tv. After the 6th viewing I was moved to ask the staff if they enjoyed working in these conditions....

All T-Mobile ads are shite though. All those sad, silly fuckers jumping around in airports and town centres.

Comment

Comment

sw2burro wrote:

KILL HIM! HE WORKS FOR THE ENEMY!

Comment

This may be the funniest thing I have seen this week.

Comment

bovril wrote:
                                                All T-Mobile ads are shite though. All those sad, silly fuckers jumping around in airports and town centres.
                                                I may already have mentioned this on the thread, but I believe it's been scientifically proven that there's absolutely no such thing as a good mobile network advert. They're all not just 'not good', but absolutely fucking appalling. Mostly totally shit music, too.

Comment

And good grief, I just YouTubed that T-Mobile ad, bovril. That's enough on its own to make me glad I wasn't in the UK for the wedding.

Comment

Is anyone else seriously disturbed by those Jammie/Toffee Dodgers monkeys? They creep the living daylights out of me. And the follow up...ugh!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X