No announcement yet.

I've just seen a traumatic advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misappropriating My Girl for the purposes of selling coffee pods - you could have at least got someone who can sing in tune.

Comment

8 News Now, the local CBS affiliate in Vegas, has a short cartoon ident, which I only caught the end of. However it managed to rile me up because it showed a polar bear popping out of an ice hole with a penguin on it's head.

Things like this make Nevada's kids 49th of 50 in the US for standards of education.

Comment

This needs to be applauded until eternity:

From Treibeis Advertising Agency:

I preferred Bristol when no cunt wanted anything to do with it.

Comment

Casumo's latest is a Katamari Damacy rip off, and not even a good one. FFS.

Comment

I liked the McDonald's ad with the little girl saving a carrot stick for the reindeer.

Comment

Some of the 1973 ads on Nishlord's YouTube channel are very disturbing. Chuck Connors, etc.

Comment

Can you link to that please, Satch, all I can find is the pub documentary (which is pretty interesting).

Comment

I'm seriously loathing the irritating Nationwide advert with the two sisters singing. I almost switched off on my first viewing - it just went on and on...

They're giving the Halifax ads a run for their money. That takes some doing.

Comment

God yes, it's appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      God yes, it's appalling.
                      And I had the misfortune to watch it all the way through during a cinema trailer this week. The saving grace, admittedly in a half empty auditorium, was that not one person could bring themselves to raise even a chuckle. There is hope.

Richard Ayoade advertising HSBC disappoints me a little. I naively thought he was better than that.

Comment

You and me both. That said, I like to think of it as a dig at Brexit dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                          You and me both. That said, I like to think of it as a dig at Brexit dickheads.
                          I thought that too. It's not actually that bad an ad, but felt a bit peeved when HSBC came up at the end of it. There's absolutely no indication what the subject matter has to do with the bank anyway. It's a bit odd.

Comment

WELL, FUCKING LINK TO IT, THEN!

Comment

Comment

Still trying to work out which advert you are pointing at.

I like Common. I don't like him advertising for Microsoft.

Comment

Cadbury currently have their Easter advert out, where the Easter Bunny rides around at night leaving purple eggs everywhere. Which would be perfectly fine unless the first time you saw it you weren't paying attention properly, and it was followed by an advert where increasing numbers of purple rabbits lure young people to a large arena. I got very confused and had to lie down.

Comment

I'm guessing that a fair few OTF-types are already despising that sodding Bud Light 'dilly-dilly!' ad.

I mean, 'Bud Light', ffs. Like any knight worth his salt would've gone within a hectare of that. You might as well drink sparkling water with a Lucozade top.

Comment

Budweiser is like sex in a canoe, etc.

Bud Light more so.

Comment

We were just talking last night about the death of Budweiser in Ireland, most pubs now have one or two craft/independent beers and it's usually Bud that gets dropped to accommodate them, I don't know a single person who drinks the rancid piss anyway

Comment

Bud Light is the best selling beer in the US by some margin.

Which says a lot, especially when one notes that numbers two and three are Coors Light and Miller Light, followed by standard Bud.

Comment

Tells me all I need to know.

'Coors'. *Shudder*

Comment

Coors Banquet Beer seems to be selling pretty well up here. I'm seeing it everywhere at drinky family functions. The stubbies certainly add to the appeal.

Comment

(I say that, but I'll bet the best-seller in the UK is something like Foster's...)

Comment

"Coors Banquet" is just Coors' standard lager. It's so old that it won a medal at the Colombian Exposition in 1893.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                    (I say that, but I'll bet the best-seller in the UK is something like Foster's...)
                                                    According to this world map from a few years back, it's Carling. Most countries are similarly depressing though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X