No announcement yet.

Squad Numbers I Feel Comfortable With

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patricio is confirmed as 11 for Wolves, with their other goalkeepers 21 and 31

Comment

Originally posted by denishurley View Post
      Booooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by denishurley View Post
        This is just tremendous news, it’s almost as if my work here is done. As well as the gesture towards Ikeme I also like the tidiness of making all the keepers shirts end in 1 too which has the marvellous bonus of preventing an outfield player wearing 31 which is an unforgivable aesthetic crime.

Well done all involved.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-08-2018, 12:15.

Comment

NHL goaltenders used to be numbers 1 and 31 for donkey's years.

Comment

It's surprising that it's gone unremarked but Man City had a number 81 on the bench for the Community Shield.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              NHL goaltenders used to be numbers 1 and 31 for donkey's years.
              My condition is so acute that I once even wrote a piece on ice hockey numbering

Comment

Scunthorpe's new signing Ryan Colclough "has been handed the no. 49 shirt", the club reports, as
                if they've ever used such a ludicrously high number before.
                Both 4 and 9 are vacant, I wonder if he got confused when offered a choice, or if he's that sort of winger.
                Meanwhile our main centre backs (Goode, Burgess, McArdle) wear 20, 21 and 23.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                  ...if he's that sort of winger.
                  Juan Cuadrado has taken 49 (7 squared, you see) at Juventus after some Portuguese bloke nabbed the 7 for himself and ran a Twitter poll to choose his new number. I fear he may have started a trend.

Comment

Sassuolo's keeper Andrea Consigli is wearing number 47

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                      Juan Cuadrado has taken 49 (7 squared, you see) at Juventus after some Portuguese bloke nabbed the 7 for himself and ran a Twitter poll to choose his new number. I fear he may have started a trend.
                      Cuadrado changed his mind and took 16. No word on a plus sign.

Also, I've just finished this piece on the numbers of the opening weekend of the 1993-94 PL season.

Comment

I didn't realise the '49 = 7 squared' thing was a reference to cuadrado meaning "squared" in Spanish.

Comment

Oh! Yes, of course, it's right there when you think about it. Spell it Quadrado and it immediately becomes obvious.

Denis, amazing work with that article, kudos sir.

Comment

Thanks a lot, VA!

Comment

Mexico gotta Mexico. 288!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Mexico gotta Mexico. 288!

Funny enough Mexican squad nubmering came up on the Guardian's "The Knowledge" feature last week.
                                https://www.theguardian.com/football...-the-knowledge
                                I'm hazarding a guess that the majority of regulars on OTF have the Knowledge bookmarked!

Comment

I was just going to post that up and did think last week's The Knowledge' (the first one I've seen in ages, funnily enough) was particularly aimed at me given it's kits and squad numbers themes.

Comment

Soton’s Obafemi wearing 61, is that a new high number for the English top flight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Soton’s Obafemi wearing 61, is that a new high number for the English top flight?
                                      Alexander Trent-Arnold wears 66 for Liverpool

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Alexander Trent-Arnold wears 66 for Liverpool
                                        Trent Alexander-Arnold, even

Comment

Of course he does, clean forgot about him.

Comment

I still think the Premier League high is 78, worn by Man City's Jose Pozo in 2014/15.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                              I still think the Premier League high is 78, worn by Man City's Jose Pozo in 2014/15.
                                              Blimey. Who?

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                                Blimey. Who?
                                                Don't blame you, he only played a handful of times for the first team. He's at Rayo Vallecano now.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                  X