Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punch Taverns latest people to piss on Squaddies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then again…

But pub chain Punch Taverns, which runs the Cross Keys in Witney, Oxfordshire, said they were abiding by military regulations that soldiers in uniform should not go to pubs.
    RAF Brize Norton spokeswoman Katie Zasada said: 'Any personnel in the Navy, Army or RAF are not allowed to enter any pub in uniform, unless it is for a wedding or funeral.

'Servicemen should not be putting them in that situation in the first place

Non-story surely?

Comment

Munchkin wrote:
      Non-story surely?
      In the Metro?

Shurely not.

Comment

But everyone loves it when they walk into a pub and see a bunch of squaddies in uniform. "This is the kind of pub I want to drink in", we say to ourselves. "At least I know I shall be safe here."

Comment

Taylor wrote:
          But everyone loves it when they walk into a pub and see a bunch of squaddies in uniform. "This is the kind of pub I want to drink in", we say to ourselves. "At least I know I shall be safe here."
          Especially if they're currently serving in the Royal Marines.

Comment

Especially if they're students.

Students must always feel safer in the presence of crowds of young squaddies in these troubled times of ours, with absolutely no chance of it all kicking off into a massive brawl the first time anyone mutters "we're not 'cowards', we just managed to get some "A" Levels so we didn't have to become cannon fodder".

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
              Especially if they're students.

Students must always feel safer in the presence of crowds of young squaddies in these troubled times of ours, with absolutely no chance of it all kicking off into a massive brawl the first time anyone mutters "we're not 'cowards', we just managed to get some "A" Levels so we didn't have to become cannon fodder".
              Oh come. Highly educated students equipped with "A" levels would never do something so crass, ignorant, and downright fucking stupid, surely?

Comment

We had 32 squaddies walk in to Wetherspoons one lunch time. I know it was 32, as they ordered 32 plates of sausage, chips and beans, and 32 pints of Carling.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                  We had 32 squaddies walk in to Wetherspoons one lunch time. I know it was 32, as they ordered 32 plates of sausage, chips and beans, and 32 pints of Carling.
                  What?

No senior NCO material amongst them then?

Comment

There was an army barracks in South East London, maybe Woolwich, with a pub outside the entrance. The first weekend of basic training off would see the squaddies pile into the pub causing trouble only to get their arses kicked by the local bikers who were regulars there.

Hereford is a warzone on a Saturday when the gallant SAS go for a drink

Comment

Working...
                    X