Happiness is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is ...

Three girls, all asleep in the house, snoring contentedly to themselves, after a lovely day out.

I might yet try to wake one of those three up, mind you, when I clamber into bed myself, but ... maybe not.

I might just carry on watching "Hannibal" on ITV and sitting here, for a bit, yet.

Happiness is ...

...a poodle puppy contentedly chewing on his braided dried bull penis stick.

Warms the heart.

Comment

Happiness is ...

It had to fucking happen, didn't it? Someone had to mention dried bull penis. Someone ALWAYS mentions dried bull penis.

Anyway. My cat, a brew, a good book, or film, and a bit of peace and quiet.

Comment

Happiness is ...

I try to work it into every conversation. Sometimes it's a bit tricky, but I manage.

Comment

Happiness is ...

EIM wrote:

Anyway. My cat, a brew, a good book, or film, and a bit of peace and quiet.
          Ditto that, but with the added bonus of knowing you've got next week off work.

Comment

Happiness is ...

As long as it's just the conversation you try and work it in to.

Is it bad I mentioned my cat but not the missus?

Comment

Happiness is ...

Nah. She rarely mentions you. Er....

Comment

Happiness is ...

It's not nearly as bad as mentioning the dried bull penis without mentioning the dog.

Comment

Happiness is ...

A clean house, a brew, my photography coursework notes all written up and some mouthwatering football ties toda...

Bolton v Blackburn, 13:30
                  Stoke v Portsmouth, 16:00
                  Tottenham v Wigan, 15:00
                  ...Doh!

Comment

Happiness is ...

The university is kicking everyone out at 3 today so sniffer dogs can search the building. And I can't access gmail to find out if I have to do any freelance work.

So I get to go to the cinema in the afternoon!!

Comment

Happiness is ...

a poodle puppy contentedly chewing on his braided dried bull penis stick.
                      I'm can't be happier than when I am contentedly chewing on my..What? Oh.

Cinema in the afternoon is a great luxury. Feel like you are bunking.

It is only topped off by sitting in the pub in the afternoon reading a book.

For our anniversary, the wide and I dropped the boy off at school and then went to Bath Spa for 2 hours. Bliss.

Right now, having the downhill ride home from Uni to watch the football and Trueblood tonight is pretty good.

Finding the perfectly waterproof cycling attire on Monday was pretty cool as well (scuba boots were the key)

What is worrying is that I would rarely put playing a gig nowadays even though it is one of the best things I do when I get there. Similar with playing football.

I'm getting old. Cup of tea, biscuit, something good (or crap) on the box and I am happy

Comment

Happiness is ...

How is the wide? Put on some weight, has she?

Rogin's post reminds me of how contented I feel at the end of a good Xmas Day (and they're all good) when the rest of the immeadiate and extended family have gone to bed and I can replay the day's events back in my mind basking in the afterglow with a turkey sandwich, a glass of port and (hopefully) a Marx Bros movie on.

Ideally I'd be running through the plans for a Boxing Day fixture to come, of course.

Comment

Happiness is ...

It is only topped off my sitting in the pub in the afternoon reading a book.
                          Oh no! Now I want to do that instead.

Comment

Happiness is ...

Waking up with my cat (he of the tumor on the tail - now cut off) lying on my head. Luckily, I wasn't on my back ...

Comment

Happiness is ...

All day here in Edinburgh the weather has been nothing short of diabolical - gales driving the rain sideways against the office windows, a sky the colour of death. But as I type, the clouds have turned ever so slightly pink - and the rain has stopped. I no longer want to kill myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X