Slip-on shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip-on shoes.

My God, who can buy that kind of stuff....?

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Geeks with orthopedic needs, I suppose.

I hate slip-ons. But funnily enough, wherever possible, when there's a bit of room, I treat my lace-ups as slip-ons. The height of laze, really.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Well, trainers obsessive are geeks too but that is taking it to an entirely different level...

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Am I the only one who thinks these are ace?

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

I hope so.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Those are so terrible.

I've recently bought a pair of Timberland chelsea boots. Not exactly slip ons, but still, laceless. They're great.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Say what you will, but I remember when...

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Almost everyone else in the Timberland store was buying something like that. Well, not those tassled things, but those awful boating shoes.

If there's one surefire way to indicate you don't live in the real world, it's wearing boating shoes. As if you might have to go boating at any moment.

The only thing worse would be wearing a boater hat.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

At my school in 1980-81, those tassled loafers were de rigeur. It was either those or 4-hole DM shoes. Anything else got you laughed off the premises. Actually, some kids had a version of the slip-on loafer with a crappy 'gold' bar across the front instead of the tassles, but they were really shit. I had a wicked pair of black & white brogue tassled loafers, inspired by Paul Weller, but I wasn't allowed to wear those to school.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

I've owned that Dance Craze album for 25-ish years, and never once noticed that the shoes were tassled loafers. But yeah, the loafers with the gold bar/ornament thing is the worst, followed by loafers with tassles and then just loafers.

I bought a pair of Timberlands last week, but they were those canvas and leather chukka boots, rather than boat shoes or loafers (it probably goes without saying).

dd gets a slip-on exemption due to them being a) boots and b) Blundstone-style pull-ons.

Sorry if these rules seem arbitrary and capricious, but there you go.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Perhaps my taste buds are painted on, but Diggedy Derek hates those wicked-mad Storm trooper Adidas, and loves the stormin'-norman gonkers above.

Is he for real?

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

But boating shoes are the shizzle if you actually have to go boating. Anything else bar special wellies fucks up the deck.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Those boots with the elastic bit on the side that DD posted look good. Every Australian I've met has them. They're expensive here.

I've considered some slip-on Vans, but I'm afraid they won't fit right. Laces allow a little room for error, I think.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Those tasseled loafers were known as Weejans (sp?) at my school in the mid-70s. Anyone who was anyone was wearing them, with as many segs as the shoes (and the wearers legs) could carry hammered into the soles.

Everyone sounded like a squaddie walking down the corridors at school.

Oh, and the boots you refer to Reed are probably Blundstones or RM Williams.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Posty Webber wrote:
                                  Perhaps my taste buds are painted on, but Diggedy Derek hates those wicked-mad Storm trooper Adidas, and loves the stormin'-norman gonkers above.

Is he for real?
                                  Yeah, I have to say I prefer the stormtrooper or Tron shoes to those leather boots DD posted.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

I'm thinking about getting these. What do we think?

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Are those canvas? If so, then yes.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

For me, if that orange thing on the heel is a logo as big as I think it is, then they're wrecked.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

I usually take a black marker to that.

Canvas, yes.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Reed, a firm no.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

As slippers, to wear around the house, they seem fine to me.

I can't wear slip-ons. High instep, see?

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Yes, I see. Very nice. Good colour on the toes, too.

But I agree. Slip-ons for around the house. Same rules as sweat pants.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

I don't see why anyone would want to wear shoes in their house. Slippers, okay--soft, cushy things to keep your feet warm. But after about 15 minutes of wearing slippers, my feet get hot.

Comment

Slip-on shoes.

Yeah, California boy, but in the rest of the free world* our houses are a little chilly for a good part of the year. I'd rather wear shoes than slippers around the house, actually. But when I do, I hear that screeching noise.

*within reason

Comment

Working...
                                                    X