Campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campus

Did anyone see this on Friday night as a part of the C4 series of pilots for new sitcoms 'Comedy Showcase' or something? 'Free Agents' came from the same source.

It was from a writing team who have previously been involved with 'Green Wing' and 'Smack the Pony' and was really good (note: I watched it slightly drunk so I may downgrade it to "pretty good" if I get to review it). It owed an obvious debt to the former show and was, given the university setting, obviously redolent of 'A Very Peculiar Practise'.

I think it's got a repeat on Thursday and has a decent chance of a series being made.

Campus

It was dreadful. Though I remember enjoying Free Agents - worth hunting out a download, if you're into watching obscure, pretty-decent-though-probably-never-going-to-be-commissioned sitcom pilots.

Sorry, was searching for another thread and found this.

Comment

Campus

Oh. IMDB says that Free Agents was made into a series.

Which is good (nips off to torrent portal)...

Comment

Campus

'Free Agents' was very good as a series, I have the DVD as well. We had a thread on it, didn't we?

C4 aren't recommisioning it because "they are broke" according to Stephen Mangan.

I point to my caveat that I was pretty drunk when I saw 'Campus' if it turns out it was actually poor. I'd completely forgotten about it.

Comment

Campus

I tried to watch the pilot of "Campus" as I loved "Green Wing" but I couldn't make it past the 10 minute mark as it just seemed crass and completely unfunny. It just didn't have any of the endearing qualities of GW and my tolerance for bad comedy has just been completely sapped.

Comment

Campus

It came across as an excrutiating parody of Green Wing. Astounded to find out it was written by the same people.

Comment

Working...
            X