How many Red Bulls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Red Bulls...

I've abstained from caffeine over the last few weeks and it's been nowhere near as bad as I thought it would. And I was probably drinking about ten mugs of tea and coffee a day.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

evilC wrote:
      Phoebe wrote:
      evilC wrote:
      Phoebe to thread (if my memory serves me correctly).
      I have cut down on the coffee. I haven't had one all day.
      Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was you or TonTon who told me (at a 'thon) that your coffee intake was in double figures (in cups) per day. Up til then I thought I had alot at 3 or 4 mugs (of Carte Noir) a day.

I definitely get a little edgy after intaking some caffeine. I've pretty much been addicted since I was a kid. As a teenager I drank alot of Coke. One christmas (in my mid-teens) I drank a 2-litre bottle a day for three days in a row. I felt a bit strange after that, I can tell you!

However, I don't like Red Bull - it's too sickly. If I have any of those 'energy' drinks it the Relentless in the red can.
      Now, I've never had any reaction from the amount of caffeine I drink. I'm just off to make my fifth coffee of the day (and I like it strong), and I'll probably stop at 7 or 8. It won't keep me awake if I'm tired, it won't make me jittery or anything.

And then if I take a break from it or switch to decaff (as I've done on several occasions), I don't replace it with coke or any other caffeinated drink, yet I get no withdrawal effects.

Mind you I got no withdrawal when I gave up smoking, either.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

For some reason, I only drink coffee at weekends, when I'll quite happily have 2 cups at breakfast.

Tea, on the other hand - I probably have 7 or 8 mugs a day. Which I know is probably bad for me, but I balance it out with the knowledge that I'm more or less immune to free radical damage (whatever the fuck a free radical is).

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Toby Gymshorts wrote:
          Tea, on the other hand - I probably have 7 or 8 mugs a day. Which I know is probably bad for me, but I balance it out with the knowledge that I'm more or less immune to free radical damage (whatever the fuck a free radical is).
          *Cough*Goldacre*ough*

(I did notice the Mail today announcing a new "supertomato", sponsored by Tesco, full of cancer-destroying antioxidants...)

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Comment

Working...
            X