How many Red Bulls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Red Bulls...

...can I drink per day before I am courting serious health problems? And what sorts of health problems am I opening myself up to if I exceed these limits?

Seriously. I need alternatives to amphetamines. Preferably legal ones.

How many Red Bulls...

I've never had a Red Bull. There's been one in my fridge for three years.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Bring it in to work and I'll grab it from you. I think aging makes it count double.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Just for you.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Ooooh, I see I've fallen in with a fast crowd.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

That is fabulous, urs, except it doesn't specify the time period. It's not much good me knowing it will take 175 Red Bulls to kill me if I don't have a time frame. per month? per hour?

Also, what about health problems short of morbidity?

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

News of a nasty Australian study.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Two things:

-

-

I couldn't find an image of the moment where Fry finally reaches caffeine Nirvana, so that will have to do.

Secondly, from here (which you have to investigate chronologically, really) there's...

-

-

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

I've cut down to one cup a morning, and two at weekends, since I noticed it's staining my teeth.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Coffee, that is. Not Red Bull.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Phoebe to thread (if my memory serves me correctly).

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Once drunk four cans of that Relentless when I drove from Sheffield down to Torquay and back in a day.

Probably not too beneficial to one's health.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

evilC wrote:
                          I've not touched Red Bull for years. I drank six in the space of a few hours with no long term effects, but that was back in the day when it was relatively new, and I hadn't bothered checking what was in the can (which is the joy of having very few allergies, and only one ever found in food/drink is now banned).

I have cut down on the coffee. I haven't had one all day. But then the day is only 24 days old. Although I've never had caffeine give me hyperactivity. In fact, I can't think of anything that's given me hyperactivity (well apart from speed and pills), not even orange squash as a kid - mainly due to being allergic to the ingredient that made kids hyperactive...

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Phoebe wrote:
                            I have cut down on the coffee. I haven't had one all day. But then the day is only 24 days old.
                            Hmmmmm...

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Phoebe wrote:
                              evilC wrote:
                              I have cut down on the coffee. I haven't had one all day.
                              Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was you or TonTon who told me (at a 'thon) that your coffee intake was in double figures (in cups) per day. Up til then I thought I had alot at 3 or 4 mugs (of Carte Noir) a day.

I definitely get a little edgy after intaking some caffeine. I've pretty much been addicted since I was a kid. As a teenager I drank alot of Coke. One christmas (in my mid-teens) I drank a 2-litre bottle a day for three days in a row. I felt a bit strange after that, I can tell you!

However, I don't like Red Bull - it's too sickly. If I have any of those 'energy' drinks it the Relentless in the red can.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

I think you have to drink a lot to do any serious harm.

During the tail end of my singledom I was working for Starbucks and my daily intake of caffiene was...

Can of Red Bull for breakfast
                                Triple Tall Latte to get me going at work
                                Two or three more triple tall lattes or quad grand Caramel Mac's to get me through till lunch.
                                Quad Grande Latte with lunch
                                another two or three tripe grande lattes in the afternoon as well as
                                an espresso shot every hour to make sure the shots were pulling ok.
                                Another couple of cans of red bull plus 2 litres of coke in the evening.

And I'm still alive, though I would get headaches unless I drank lots of tea and coffee on my days off.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Red Bull is poison. the last time I drank any I was in the toilet every 5 minutes or so for an hour, pissing like a race horse while my body expelled it.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

I've never drunk Red Bull in my life either. It smells vile.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

I'm sure the buzz is very nice. Unfortunately they have to hide it under the taste of a million sugarcubes laced with e-numbers. It's revoltingly sweet.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

The potential health hazards of Red Bull got a lot of publicity here after the death of a teenager who had drank Red Bull before a basketball game. Telegraph article here.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Ricky Lenin wrote:
                                          another two or three tripe grande lattes in the afternoon...
                                          Ewwww!!!

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Have you never been to a Starbucks in West Yorkshire?

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

5 hour energy maybe, AG?

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

So. it's a little more than a month later, and I think I've developed an immunity to whatever the fuck is in these things. Amazing what two a day of anything will do.

I feel like shit.

Comment

How many Red Bulls...

Is your daughter still not sleeping? Oh dear.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X