Forum Politics and the Defence of MsD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EIM has got a snotty nose and he still can't do joined up writing and his shoes squeak when he walks and he throws like a girl.

Comment

Having googled Robert Ashley, I was going to suggest that no-one except wingco was capable of getting wingco's reference, and then I remembered Derek.
      I've posted about a Robert Ashley before, but I'm 99.99% certain that it's not the same one.

Comment

Actually, at least three parts of that are true. Sometimes all four.

This joke isn't funny any more.

Comment

evilC, on this forum the likeliest candidate would seem to be the fucking in the streets one but as this poster doesn't seem to be from this forum (thankfully) I'd imagine it's more likely to be prompted elsewhere.

Comment

evilC wrote:
            Yeah, but was there an incident on here where things got 'heated' or anything, prompting this? I didn't see it, if so.
            The circumcision one. (Cutting towards the end, you might say.)

Comment

(Except that gag doesn't work because it was cutting quite early on.

It's difficult, this Internet comedy thing.)

Comment

dot comedy, as I like to call it.

Comment

Whims-e.

Comment

hteeheep://

No?

OK then.

Comment

Sustained irony's actually really hard to do well, I think. It's hard to maintain the ironic voice consistently, and it's really easy to lurch into heavy-handedness and come across as bitter and obsessed. (Anyone reading, say, wingco's stuff and thinking "I bet I could do that" almost certainly has another think coming.)

So, it's a difficult task. That said, on this thread, it's a difficult task that I reckon has been done genuinely badly.

A few witty sallies in MsD's direction would have had a mostly appreciative audience on here, I suspect. But those few witty sallies have yet to be written.

Comment

Suspect Psy-ops diversion by MsD herself.

Comment

What an unpleasant thread. Or what an unpleasant opening post, in any case. A lurker coming in from outside with an agenda against one of our regular posters, launching snide personal attacks in the pursuit of some kind of ongoing beef? Leaves a nasty taste, if you ask me.

Comment

Ongoing beef is notorious for leaving a nasty taste.

Comment

off-going beef is worse, though.

Comment

I was kind of digging at that. But cheers for prodding it over the line.

Comment

I stopped reading at 'her IQ is 180'.

Tell us more about how comedy works, Wyatt.

Comment

I just went and had a look at that circumcision thread. Blimey! I'm glad my 'shitstorm' sensors were working properly, in that instance.

However, I was amused by WoE's 'Russian beer' diversion. Every thread should have a beer diversion ...even nil ones.

Comment

WOM started it.

Comment

Bruno wrote:
                                        I stopped reading at 'her IQ is 180'.

Tell us more about how comedy works, Wyatt.
                                        Just my opinion, like.

Although I do have a terribly high IQ.

Comment

No one cares what I think but I haven't been able to put my finger on why MsD has provoked such seemingly intense animosity from one or two members here.

Other than that it continues to bother me that you all spell defense with a c.

Comment

Purves Grundy smells of cat and his face is a large, round dish that you could put apples and pears in. Also, he challenges houses to fights and makes airplane noises when he rubs himself up against old ladies in toilets. And...and...he never wipes his bum after he does a poo, and he shows it to people in bus queues, shouting 'here's my bottom, it's all wipey and smeary!'. And he spits on mice and calls them Reginald. And....and....and...he pretends he's a radio and when he bends down he thinks he's picking up Classic FM. And, on Mondays, he dresses himself up women's clothing and calls himself the Nolan Sisters. He also burps a lot and can do morse code after bingeing on horse radishes. And he thinks he's a traffic light and stands in the middle of the road, spraying his face red, amber and green over and over again. And...and...

Comment

Someone has a wellfounded inferiority complex and too much time on their hands.

I'm off to a meeting with aforesaid NGO then to Shoreditch House with Marco, Siobhan Fahey and a few other ex popstar friends.

Knock yourselves out.

btw, this is someone who got barred from TalkPunk for, well, you work it out, and is obviously disappointed I've stopped responding to the poison pen PMs on here and the rival forum set up for Dayglo haters hasn't really taken off, possibly on account of ... well, I daresay you can work that one out too.

Comment

Don't take offence, Bruno. It's just that lots of us hold a British spelling licence.

Comment

Bruno wrote:
                                                  Other than that it continues to bother me that you all spell defense with a c.
                                                  Ha! I work for an American company. Head office are always sending me blank templates to fill in for our "Defense" unit. I always change it to the correct spelling when I send them back.

Comment

Bruno wrote:
                                                    No one cares what I think but I haven't been able to put my finger on why MsD has provoked such seemingly intense animosity from one or two members here.
                                                    I don't think it's "members here" who are the problem.

180, incidentally, is on the 99.999995th centile, putting people with an IQ of 180 in the top twenty millionth of the population, or the top 3 or so in Britain. That would indeed be quite a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X