Never mind 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking of which; what happened to the longer version of QI this series?

Comment

The thing about Bob Crow is, while he may be a bit of a twat, the person who's done most to fuck up London's transport recently just happens to be HIGNFY's favourite ever guest. So fuck 'em.

Comment

I assume you are referring to Mayor BJ. He's on there not for his popularity or insight, but because his blustering upper-class buffoon persona gives great comedy return for the regulars.
        While we're on HIGNFY, in the interest of providing a level political platform isn't it about time they invited Nick Griffin on?

Comment

Back on QI, tonight's was the episode that we saw being filmed. Inevitably they've missed out the funny bits...

Comment

This seems to be the right thread to weigh in with something I need to get off my chest - somebody I trust recommneded Black Books to me, and I watched the first two episodes of series one the other day, and they were just shite. I mean, a couple of half-laughs, but not like Peep Show, which is so sharp you have to be alert the whole time in case you miss a good line. Or weirdly, compellingly funny like Green Wing. BB reminded me of the kind of dire sitcoms you used to get on ITV in the 80s, when you'd endure one episode while making despairing 'why oh why' speeches that such desperate dross could make it onto national TV.

I've been out the country 15 years, which explains why I still foolishly trusted the Channel 4 logo.

Comment

I never found 'Black Books' funny either but everyone raved about it at the time. It was like The Smiths of sitcom...yeah, that bad.

Dylan Moran was excellent in 'How Do You Want Me' prior to that though.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                I never found 'Black Books' funny either but everyone raved about it at the time. It was like The Smiths of sitcom...yeah, that bad.

Dylan Moran was excellent in 'How Do You Want Me' prior to that though.
                He's also very good in the commentary on the Shaun of the Dead DVD. Buy it now, folks!

Comment

Some people love The Smiths and Black Books was an exceptional sitcom- very funny script, brilliant visual gags and Dylan Moran is supremely good in the lead role. I'm unshakable on this point, especially when my opponent has only seen two out of eighteen episodes.

Comment

I watched the "Best of the Buzzcocks" yesterday from this rotating presenters series and it looked excellent and I wish I had seen the rest of the series.

Some of the presenters looked like they could have been a bit stretched over a whole 30 minutes but, at least, they looked like presenters of a comedy show.

Frank Skinner, obviously, was excellent and David Tennant was brilliant in the Dr Who special (which I watched the whole of).

Noel Fielding is actually genuinely funny on it as well. It would be interesting to see what it would be like if they had Bill Bailey as guest presenter next series.

Comment

Possibly the best place to post that Mark Lamarr has been charged with assault and false imprisonment. Odd.

Comment

Very good thread on Lamarr on another site.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/foru...c,63245.0.html

Comment

Working...
                        X