Never mind 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised they are carrying on after Amstell's departure, he was the catalyst for it becoming very watchable again.

The 'guest host' idea is the path to inconsistency which has made 'HIGNFY' a less than compelling watch and having James Corden (much as I still like him though not a lot of his recent work) doesn't inspire.

It's an occasionally amusing programme that got a lot less interesting when Lamarr left.
    In fact, it was considerably funnier when it started and Sean Hughes was on there instead of that laughter vacuum who keeps banging on about hobbits and making animal noises.

Comment

Ahhh, thank fuck for that. Hobbit man has gone to be replaced by Noel Fielding. Quality.

Comment

You slagging off Bill Bailey?

Comment

Yeah, that's the gadgie.

Comment

There's a phrase for a moment like this. I wonder what it is...

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha. Touche.
              Seriously though, he was good in Black Books and one of his stand up dvd's was ok. The most recent one I turned off half way as I hadn't laughed once and the endless unfunny weirdness (as opposed to say bob Mortimer's hilarious weirdness) just made Buzzcocks a bit of a chore.

Comment

I'm not a massive fan of Bailey but I seem to remember Hughes being a remarkably humour free presence in his later years on the show at least.

Amstell was fantastic on the show but impossible to follow , I think.

Comment

We've got tickets for a recording of this next month. We're a bit gutted that we hadn't noticed that Amstell was no more but are pleased beyond measure that we've avoided Corden.

Comment

Bill Bailey's great, it's that fat unfunny prick Jupitus who should have left.
                    It's a shame about Amstell going.

Comment

hobbes wrote:
                      It's an occasionally amusing programme that got a lot less interesting when Lamarr left.
                      In fact, it was considerably funnier when it started and Sean Hughes was on there instead of that laughter vacuum who keeps banging on about hobbits and making animal noises.
                      then hobbes wrote:
                      Ahhh, thank fuck for that. Hobbit man has gone to be replaced by Noel Fielding. Quality.
                      Heh, I thought you were on about Fielding up there. He's such a loathsome, talentless cunt.

It's a very uninspiring line-up. I wonder who the guests are.

Comment

How dare you sir.
                        Fielding is part of the Boosh. He can do no wrong.

The guests are Janeane Garofalo (no shit!) Ben Miller, Tom Clark from The Enemy my new crush Paloma Faith. Mmmm Paloma...

Comment

Janeane Gruffalo was aparently godawful in her fringe show this year.

I saw Bill Bailey last year at a preview show of Tinselworm, and he was fantastic. Noel Fielding is great as a part of bosh, but his "Lets not do this round and just go for a joyride on this giant pigeon" shtick gets pretty repetitive on Bizzcocks.

Sean Hughs

Comment

Janeane Gruffalo was aparently godawful in her fringe show this year.
                            I missed her at Latitude but heard that she died on her arse and left the stage early.

Comment

Purves Grundy wrote:
                              [quote]
                              I missed her at Latitude but heard that she died on her arse and left the stage early.
                              Yeah, she did. It was as if someone had told her that George Bush wasn't the president any longer, as she walked on stage and her material was made redundant at a stroke. She tried some stuff about David Caruso being a bad actor and how men should moisturise their feet whilst self pleasuring. At one point she started repeating "what's the deal with all the Doctor Whos?" without any apparent follow up material.

After about three minutes she acknowleged that it wasn't working (it being Latitude the crowd didn't heckle or turn nasty, there was just an embarrassed silence) and tried to leave, but the compere had gone to the toilet so she had to come back on and have another try, before finally leaving a couple of minutes later.

Comment

Corden? Fuck. One to miss.

Comment

Yeah, fuck James Corden and that prat he hangs out with. Gavin and Stacy was a fucking horrible little tumour of a show.

Comment

No, Gavin and Stacy was OK, it's Corden the "comedian" that's the problem. His act consists of occasionally sounding incredulous in a falsetto.

Comment

NMTB is one of these shows that's a really good idea but which was a bit crap, and often pointlessly cruel, until Simon Amstell came along and it made it genuinely excellent. Now that he's gone, I'll be very surprised if it's worth watching any more.

And has anyone ever at any point found Phil Jupitus funny?

Comment

Why on Earth... wrote:
                                        No, Gavin and Stacy was OK, it's Corden the "comedian" that's the problem. His act consists of occasionally sounding incredulous in a falsetto.
                                        No, it was shit. Not as excremental as Horne & Corden, but still terrible. Rob Brydon occasionally made it watchable for short spells, but on the whole I really hated it. The serial killer surname thing seemed to fit in perfectly with the show's whole vindictive, petty mentality, that somehow managed to mascarade as feel-good comedy fodder.

Total shite.

Comment

Hofzinser wrote:
                                          And has anyone ever at any point found Phil Jupitus funny?
                                          I have.

Comment

Hofzinser is breathtakingly right.

Comment

I have found him funny on 'NMTB' and QI in the past if not in stand-up.

Comment

Workingstiff wrote:

Fielding is great as a part of bosh, but his "Lets not do this round and just go for a joyride on this giant pigeon" shtick gets pretty repetitive on Bizzcocks.

Amstell really got that show going again, but he started to get on my nerves a bit when he was doing extended interviews with shit pop stars instead of anything funny. I think the show is a visctim of his and Fielding's success in a way, as no matter what shit they put out, they were guarenteed a good reception on faith.
                                                Feilding only made the occasional appearance as a panel member/captain, didn't he?

The Mighty Boosh is tedious rubbish.

Comment

Good god my spelling is fucking awful.

He was on Buzzcocks for a little while - half a series or something?

The first two series of the Boosh are great. The third one tailed off pretty radically.

I saw the other one from the Boosh outside a pub in Bloomsbury the other week.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X