WAL:RUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've started really well in attack but should have had one penalty given against us and possibly a second as we're flying in on the Russians in the box.

First a thread titled "It was forty years ago today...". Now one titled (I Am The)WAL:RUS.

Is this a conscious effort on the part of OTF regulars to introduce Beatle-related themes to threads in celebration of the issue of the remastered Fabs catalogue?

Comment

I had a bad feeling when Toshack switched Ricketts to the left side (when he'd been doing really well on the right) five minutes ago and then Arshavin waltzes past him to deliver a killer pass to Semshov for Russia's opener.

Fuck.

Comment

Yes! I wonder if that's what Ramsey and Collins have been trying to do all game with these low corners?

Comment

Keeping the dream alive like Freiheit.

Comment

Oh well, looks like we can put the calculators away.

Comment

Gabbidon doubly at fault for their second, dumb challenge to give away the free kick and jumping away from the resulting shot. Can be excused his rustiness I suppose.

We don't deserve a defeat here, I can't believe the ball didn't go in from the Edwards chance and one of the Russians feigned an injury just after that to stop the game and calm it down when we were pulling them apart.

They get a third. Cock!

Comment

I'll be glad when this campaign is over so we can start from scratch with the new generation of players, and dump anyone over the age of 25. Which is what Toshack seems to be trying to achieve anyway, in that passive-aggressive way of his.

Comment

We're going to be getting diminishing returns as long as we persist with Toshack. Allowing him to work with the relatively promising small bunch of players we have coming through will be a disaster, the man's a hopeless inept relic with the man management skills of David Brent.

The FAW committed suicide renewing his contract, they have hobbled us and we'll continue to go backwards. Our default setting of "impressive performances in defeat to a major nation" like tonight do not cancel out the continuing pathetic results and regular hopeless performances.

Comment

Christ, a player makes the most of a "foul" by the Wales defence and we get punished....... We play around with it at the back, they win it, have one shot and score......

This script is getting boring.

There better be some Karmic pay off down the line.

Comment

Saw the goals. That was a brilliant finish by Pavlyuchenko, a player I've always liked.

Comment

So do I. Somehow Redknapp prefers Robbie Keane. Baffling.

That goal was Pavlyuchenko's trademark finish - the low strike with the instep across the keeper and into the side of the goal. He's scored plenty of similar goals for Spurs.

Russia's defence was all over the place for large parts of that game, but that said, they're still by far the best side in the play-offs (assuming they don't beat Germany).

Comment

Or if France sack Domenech.

Comment

What other international match-ups would give us words if abbreviated to the first three letters?

Mali vs Iceland would give us 'malice'.

Romania vs Peru would give us 'romper'.

Any more?

Comment

Singapore/Hungary vs Germany.

Comment

errrrrrr

Marshall Islands V Cameroon = Maroon

Comment

Er, Wales v Kenya?

I have to admit to ripping the thread title from an observation in an old WSC letter.

Comment

I have just realised how wrong the above is.

Comment

TS is just soooooooo still my favourite poster.

Comment

What a pity that Arsenal can never play Holland.

Comment

Belgium & Uganda
                                          BEL:UGA

Papua New Guinea & USA (maybe)
                                          PAP:USA

and would Togo & American Samoa be:
                                          TOG:A.S.?

and what would they do with Nigeria & Germany, I wonder?

Comment

Aren't Nigeria usually shortened to NGR anyway?
                                            Though whether that is to avoid that problem or because Niger have NIG I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                            X