Friday soul/funk/Latin mix

Looks good, but it wants login details.

Comment

Ah. Well, I'll put it up on YouSendIt:

http://download.yousendit.com/D0CEC75815954842

Comment

I think you copied the wrong DivShare link, inca. Log in and go to My Account. Your file should be sitting there. Right-click on the link under the file and it should give you the correct link.

Might be worth doing to keep the file alive when the YouSendIt link expires.

Comment

Pan Tau wrote:
          I think you copied the wrong DivShare link, inca. Log in and go to My Account. Your file should be sitting there. Right-click on the link under the file and it should give you the correct link.

Might be worth doing to keep the file alive when the YouSendIt link expires.
          See, I uploaded them one at a time, not in a folder. I created a folder on Divshare and set all the files to be public, but I guess that doesn't work.

Comment

Ah, I think then you need to link to one of the songs, and the rest of the folder shows up on the DivShare page one enters on that link (does that make sense). Linking to the folder itself won't do the trick.

Alternatively or additionally, you might put up the links on the OTF TouchedMix blog, and share the stuff with a wider audience.

I'll PM you the details, if you need them.

Comment

PM sent, inca.

Comment

PM back.

Comment

Cheers Inca, really enjoying this. The Herman Hitson and Betty Harris songs are great, I'd not heard either before.

On the other hand, the Willy Wall track is possibly the wrongest thing ever...

Comment

inca has upped the thing on Touchedmix, so if the YouSendIt link dies, the music will still be there.

Comment

Crusoe wrote:
                      Cheers Inca, really enjoying this. The Herman Hitson and Betty Harris songs are great, I'd not heard either before.

On the other hand, the Willy Wall track is possibly the wrongest thing ever...
                      Thanks. That Hitson track came up on my shuffle yesterday, and got me thinking of doing a mix. I had listened to it once, but forgot about it. I love how the guitar intro makes you think it's going to be some mid-60s garage band, then the funk kicks in. I must admit I love that Willy Wall track, though. I've got two others that sound similar, though not "cha-cha-y," just lounge organ. I got that from a music blog--most of these are copped from blogs--called Waxidermy that specializes in rare and sometimes bizarre stuff. Dig the album cover for the Willy Wall Trio:

Comment

If anybody likes that Betty Harris track, it's contained in a compilation of her music called 'The Lost Soul Queen' - which is completely brilliant. Amongst myriad other gems it contains her legendary cover of 'Cry to Me'.

Comment

I'd like to hear that--I got it from the Soul Jazz release Saturday Night Fish Fry, a comp of New Orleans funk and soul.

Comment

What song is it that the Hitson intro reminds me of? There's an incredibly strong reminder of something else there.

Comment

I hear a little "19th Nervous Breakdown" in it.

Comment

Waxidermy is a solid site. Looking forward to listening to the mix Inca.

Comment

Working...
                                X