Cats playing the Theremin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genius idea. It's a wonder nobody thought of it sooner.

I love the expression on the face of the bystander cat at the end of the first clip, and on the face of the Theremin-playing cat at the end of the last clip.

The cat doesn't have any expression on his face, he just looks up at the camera.

Get a hold of yourself, man.

Comment

I'd love to see this. bloody firewall

Comment

I still reckon Theremin sounds like a recalled 70s drug.

A terrible, terrible band played in my pub once. They had a theremin, along with all sorts of other shit instruments. They were a sort of Mark Ronson does Britain's got talent out-takes, with a Prog Rock setting. Some of them were dressed as Nuns, some as Cow Boys, and some rather unwisely chose to wear their own clothes. I can't begin to describe - if you ignore the last two sentences - how bad they were.

One of the guys came to the bar and got chatting with another member of staff. My colleague asked them what sort of music they played. The band member stammered and found it hard to answer.

"Fusion." I interrupted.

"Ah yes. Fusion!" The fella agreed.

"Con-fusion." I continued in that irritatingly smug way I have. Luckily the man agreed and seemed rather taken with the gag. So much so that he later told me that's what they were going to call the band. He can have it for free.

Their version of 'Psycho Killer' was awesome in its awfulness. Psycho Killer? Qu'est-ce que c'est? RUN RUN RUN RUN AWAY.

Comment

The cat in the last clip looks lie Stouffer's pale cousin. He also seemed to be the only cat to work out roughly what was going on.

None of them really did that 'paw-waving' thing that cats so often do, though.

Stupid cats!

Mind you - dogs aren't necessarily any better.

...or are they?

Comment

Which are better, though: cats or dogs?

Comment

Dogs.

Comment

That's interesting: I assumed you would say cats, because you've got a cat and you've started a thread about cats.

Comment

That is fucking brilliant. Where can I get a theremin?

Comment

The Horse wrote:
                    That's interesting: I assumed you would say cats, because you've got a cat and you've started a thread about cats.
                    I like both cats and dogs, but I marginally prefer dogs. However, owning a dog isn't really possible for me right now. I hope to own a dog one day, if I ever live in a house with a garden.

This is fascinating stuff for everyone, isn't it?

Comment

I'd've said "interesting"...

Comment

Damn, I could've sworn that that was posted by Andy C...

Comment

Surely the real question is: which are better - cats playing the Theremin, or cats on turntables?

I can't answer that question right now, because I'm at work.

Comment

FF:

You can buy them (or if not, then order them) from most good music shops.

However, I'm certain that you can also get kits to build them, which may well work out cheaper.

There's also one or two synths that have a similar idea built-in, but controlled by a light beam. I've briefly played with a DJ console that had a similar device attached. It wasn't very good, musically/DJ-speaking ...but a cat is not to know that, of course!

Comment

FF: Moog make Theremins.

Comment

A considerably cheaper kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X