Glenn Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glenn Beck

The Fox News man is a force of nature. If you don't know who Glenn Beck is, and what he's about, watch and learn:

Glenn Beck

Is he crying in this one?

Comment

Glenn Beck

He missed out the 'c' which obviously stands for 'Cunt'.

Comment

Glenn Beck

Wow. I didn't know he was using chalkboards and big paper pads now. He reminds me of Dr. Gene Scott, a television preacher that broadcast from Los Angeles--he always had several chalkboards or dry erase boards behind him that he would scrawl on in his sermons.

Comment

Glenn Beck

Hey, Dr. Gene was a crazed man and serious huckster (check out God's Angry Man by Herzog), but he was truly bizarre and it was incredible viewing during my old night owl days.

Beck is a pathetic hack and seems to have watched NETWORK too many times. I still believe it is all an act but sadly he has a few million morons who lap his crap up.

Comment

Glenn Beck

Gene Scott's material was usually more 'Ancient mysteries of the world' than traditional theology.

Multi-part sermons on 'Who built the pyramids' and 'What happened to the tribes of Israel' made for intriguingly bizarre listening.

I believe he still broadcasts (from beyond the grave) 24 hours a day on several huge shortwave transmitters around the world.

Comment

Glenn Beck

Joshua Bearman argues that the Glenn Beck "oligahr" video "is the nutjob political version" of this:

The dude instinctively knows the pro pitchman rules: Don't stop the flow. Never circle back. Keep talking, even if you don't know what you're talking about. Think how many rotisserie chicken ovens dude could sell! (I guess "spelling" is just a just a method of social control "they" use to separate "us" from our AR-15s.) Or maybe Beck could combine his strengths: If you join call the number on your screen and join the 9/12 movement now, we'll throw in a Slap Chop for free! You're love my nuts!

Comment

Glenn Beck

Wow! We used to see Dr. Gene every once in a while when we lived in New Mexico. He was something!

Comment

Glenn Beck

I've seen a few clips of this Beck bloke and he evokes the same feeling I get if I stood next to a bloke talking enthusiastically to himself in a bus queue. Without a hands-free.

If Beck was shown over here, people would think it was a new spoof from the team who brought you The Day Today. But, over there, it's real.

Comment

Glenn Beck

When book covers go wrong:

Did nobody at his publisher think to tell him that the cover image is, well, nuts?

Apparently so, judging from this utterly incoherent comment on the book from his radio show
                    GLENN: Can I tell you something? Once you see the cover of this book, you don't have to we are about the name. Somebody said to me ‑‑ they actually didn't say to me. They said to one of the ‑‑ the book editor said that he was talking to somebody and they were like, oh, my gosh! They are going to rip this cover apart! Look at ‑‑ why would he do that? Why would Glenn pose like that? That will be ‑‑ they will show that cover on every TV station and magazine and everything.

PAT: Oh, no.

GLENN: Over and over again.

PAT: Don't do that, please!

GLENN: I hate that. I hate that.

PAT: Bad to see it on ‑‑

GLENN: You really don't even have to worry about the names. You really don't even have to worry about the names. Arguing With Idiots, new book, comes out September 22nd. Arm you with the facts.
                    Also, and this is a bugbear of mine, if you're going to do the really annoying fake Russian "backwards R", at least be fucking consistent about it.

Comment

Glenn Beck

He may be a pathetic hack, but he just got the Green Jobs Czar sacked.

Comment

Glenn Beck

Murdoch backs Beck. And so coherently, too:
                        No, no, no, not Stalin, I don’t think. I don’t know who that, not one of our people. On the racist thing, that caused a grilling. But he did make a very racist comment. Ahhh…about, you know, blacks and whites and so on, and which he said in his campaign he would be completely above. And um, that was something which perhaps shouldn’t have been said about the President, but if you actually assess what he was talking about, he was right.

Comment

Glenn Beck

Did he make finger quotes for "blacks and whites"?

Comment

Working...
                          X