How much would you pay to enter the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa fees for a 1 year multi-entry tourist visa for a Chinese person living in Ireland are €275.

Entry into the UK is increasingly a luxury only the wealthy can afford.

My ex husband is trying to sort out his naturalisation as a UK citizen. When we first asked about this, about 4 years ago, it cost about £200. it's now £1000. The cost of application for a spouse visa is £300 these days.

They're talking about introducing visas for visitors from the commonwealth, or at very least reducing visitors visas from 6 months to 3.

And most of these measures are being slid through without the average mail reading brit even being aware of it.

Comment

I wonder if they would pay me to leave.

Comment

meerkat wrote:
        Entry into the UK is increasingly a luxury only the wealthy can afford.

My ex husband is trying to sort out his naturalisation as a UK citizen. When we first asked about this, about 4 years ago, it cost about £200. it's now £1000. The cost of application for a spouse visa is £300 these days.

They're talking about introducing visas for visitors from the commonwealth, or at very least reducing visitors visas from 6 months to 3.

And most of these measures are being slid through without the average mail reading brit even being aware of it.
        It cost me a lot more than that to leave.

There should be a fine every time someone says "brit."

Comment

£5 billion well spent to keep us out of the free state, I reckon. I mean, it's only about £85 per Brit per year. Cheaper than telly.

Comment

Nice name, Dunc. I take it that it's not worth checking certain threads then...

Comment

MA, I was using 'brit' ironically, as I thought was clear from it's attachment to 'mail reading'.

Comment

It cost me an awful lot to leave.

Comment

Working...
                X