Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Antonio, just a couple of things in recent months flagged up by SSS and Wyatt at the time. With the old board being as fucked as my short-term memory, I can't recall exactly what they were. Let it go for now eh?

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Haha Crusoe, yeah. I make them up for people I see on the bus all the time now.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

If I do meet the Snorg Tees woman with the long brown hair, you'll be safe in the knowledge that we'll be discussing post-feminism and gender politics.

I will not be looking into those puppy dog eyes and will ABSOLUTELY NOT look at her breasts.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

It always bugs me slightly when the point is missed so badly, even in jest. It probably shouldn't.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Unfortunately for E10 and Wyatt, much of today's news seems to be about the attractiveness of this woman...

Which should cheer them up no end. Mind you, I don't think there's a creeping sexism on otf particularly. If anything the relative unwillingness to talk about sex unless in a oblique, innocent public schoolboy way (witness the soggy biscuit frenzy generated by the Pipettes, for example).

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Maybe link to that image, with a "not work safe" warning? Prudence rather than prudishness.

Anyway, I don't want to do a "Beware lest I Name Names" thing, but neither do I want to single people out, so I'm kind of reduced to vagueness. But in that slightly wimpy way, I stand by what I'm saying.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Most of the Pipettes fans on here are common as muck, by the way.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Wyatt Earp wrote:
                  It always bugs me slightly when the point is missed so badly, even in jest. It probably shouldn't.
                  As neither of you have yet to make a point, then I can't really judge whether I've badly missed it or not.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Well you did seem to assume that the point was something like "it's wrong to find the opposite sex attractive", even though one apparently hadn't been made.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

I should point out that I find the reams of news dedicated to Sarkozy's wife deeply boring. It's real 'model gets her tits out 15 years ago SHOCKER!' stuff.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

I was going to post up pictures on who I assume to be the admins here in some kind of order, but I could only find two and it's obvious who'd win that one.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Hofzinser wrote:
                          Well you did seem to assume that the point was something like "it's wrong to find the opposite sex attractive", even though one apparently hadn't been made.
                          Well, no — I kind of thought I was being accused of sexism.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Well, nothing springs to mind, Stumpy--though I didn't read your T-shirts thing religiously.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Yes, it was me who started the thread with a picture of the French actress Fanny Ardant, which I posted for two reasons: 1) she is stunningly beautiful, and 2) it allowed me to have a schoolboy snigger at the use of the word Fanny.

Which makes me wonder (in a Carried Bradshaw type way (bitch)): Can gay men objectify women in a sexist way, by saying that they are beautiful?

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Well, no. I kind of thought I was being accused of sexism.
                                Don't get all sensitive, sweetheart. .

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

g'phile, I don't think saying a woman's beautiful is necessarily either sexist or objectifying; but it probably could be in a given context.

But if you're asking permission: yes you may.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

I think it probably was in the old thread, which is why I didnt argue when they removed it.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

OK, look: recently, on the old OTF, there have been at least two occasions where epithets have been used that have implied there's something dirty and objectionable about promiscuous women. For example.

It's not a crisis of epic proportions, but I honestly think that sort of thing used to happen less. So I can see why the admins might be on their guard a bit right now. That's all.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Since this is now turning into a thread about being a century thread, I would have said the problem was White People and their predeliction for recursion and allusion.

Toro to thread.

Presente!

I don't know, it seems like the people who are usually hypersensitive about this kind of thing are being hypersensitive about this kind of thing. Again.

I hope they won't take it as an insult if I say this looks to me, as usual, like about 80% good intentions and 20% posturing.

But, like everything under the new format, I can't bring myself to care excessively about it. It's like posting on mogadon.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Is that mogadon.com or mogadon.co.uk?

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

toro toro wrote:
                                            [i]I hope they won't take it as an insult if I say this looks to me, as usual, like about 80% good intentions and 20% posturing.
                                            I dunno about "insult", but I think you're wide of the mark on the "posturing" thing. Views were canvassed, after all; people can't really complain if they're then offered. And far from "posturing", I think people have offered those views, as it goes, in as undramatic and unconfrontational a way as they've felt able.

And "good intentions", which I suppose was meant to be the nice bit, is of course massively condescending.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Yeah, Wyatt's covered it really. Compaining about sexism isn't about saying it's really not on to talk about who we find attractive (both Wyatt and myself have contributed to the various who-we-fancy threads), it's bits of the other stuff. If I had a penny for every time objections to sexism were misinterpreted as manifestations of prudishness I'd have £7.86. At least.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Now that feels more like old times.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Lyra - heh.

Wyatt - I didn't mean "posturing" in the sense you've evidently taken it. Nor, E10, did I mean anything remotely like "prudishness".

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

No, you didn't, but Stumps thinks we mean he's not allowed to fancy lasses in T-shirts, whereas of course we don't and he is.

I've been avoiding talking about your "smelling of woman" thing, because I suspect it wasn't intended to come over quite how it did. You were, after all, hung over at the time.

But I ain't having "skank". If that's posturing, then by God, Sir give me more on't.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X