Do you feel the power ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very hard to believe that "Gladiators" is really coming back to grace our prime-time screens again, even with Ian Wright playing the part of John Fashanu.

I mean, come on, it was a creaking pile of shit ten years ago, wasn't it? Kirsty Gallagher was on Moyles's show this morning and even she couldn't help but join in with the laugh about some of this year's "Gladiators" having names like Radiator, or Inhaler...

There's a lot to thank the ongoing schism between Virgin Media and Sky for. One, Gladiators was a pile of reeking old crap the first time around, and, two, the name 'Ian Wright' is connected with it, thus ensuring that the loss of the Sky One channel - due to the squabbling twixt Branson and Murdoch - becomes a benefit rather than a hindrance.

Comment

I assume this is the same thing as American Gladiators which was a relatively popular syndicated show in the US in the early 90s and has now come back as a primetime summer filler on NBC.

Comment

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
        I assume this is the same thing as American Gladiators which was a relatively popular syndicated show in the US in the early 90s and has now come back as a primetime summer filler on NBC.
        And continues to keep Hulk Hogan's career going...

Comment

Gladiators (Aussie version) has also recently made a comeback down here.

Not that I've watched it, but it appears to be rating very well, for some inexplicable reason.

Comment

Have we done a thread on old shows that have enough potential to work again?

Personally, when they took Film Buff Of The Year off the air - fronted by Robin Ray - I was a bit crestfallen. They'd have to rename it now (the title hints at a huge nerd factor), but there's mileage in the thing. It's a film quiz - a whole universe of questions - what's not to like?

Comment

The guy who owns the Chinese takeaway/chipper across the road from me appeared on Gladiators. He lost.

Comment

Working...
              X