Litrassy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Litrassy

On Earplet Major's "literacy" worksheet tonight, which is an actual publised teaching resource, we find the word "antedote" being offered as an example of the use of the prefix "ante".

What the fuck?

Litrassy

antedote = whatever happened before the doting began.

Simple, innit?

Comment

Litrassy

lyra's reply to this thread has disappeared. Has she been waiting since the board went down last night to delete it or are there one or two lingering gremlins?

Comment

Litrassy

Maybe it was Lyra's reply wot broke the Board?

Comment

Litrassy

Oh God. Literally I just posted that (it just said that society was in serious moral decline) and then i tried to post something "humorous" about Wyatt missing an H and - it keeled over and died.

Comment

Litrassy

That "antedote" thing above really is absolutely incredible. And a bit frightening.

Comment

Litrassy

I'm still wondering what 'publised' means. Is it when a building is converted into a drinking establishment?

Comment

Litrassy

Yeah, I really must employ a team of proof-readers.

Comment

Litrassy

A team really is necessary. Our agency proof-reader misses stuff all the time, and she's good. Must be sheer volume, or her eyes just go buggy after a while.

Comment

Litrassy

I pretty much proofread for a living, and I reckon that's why all my posts are so sloppy.

Comment

Litrassy

Sorry, WE. Sub-editing is so engrained in my soul that I start to weep uncontrollably whenever I see a typo. Almost.

If I make one myself, I head for the 'suicidal thoughts' thread.

Comment

Litrassy

i tried to post something "humorous" about Wyatt missing an H
                        Whyatt?

Comment

Working...
                        X