Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza Horizon 4

Set in Scotland.

I look forward to the challenge of going down to get a kebab and getting it home before it goes cold, blasting down in the M6 in a race to see who can get to the J34 roadworks first and last night taxi runs from the Ritzy balancing between getting the passengers home as quickly as possible and them not throwing up in the back of your Ferrari.

What's the difference between Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon. Because I think I got a Motorsport one with my Xbox One X. Can't say I've opened it, mind. I'm no good at driving games.

Comment

Short answer: Motorsport is about racing, Horizon is about driving.

Forza Motorsport is your traditional track racing sim. You take hundreds of hyper-realistic cars around hyper-realistic representations of track (real world and not) and then fiddle around with their hyper-realistic settings like tyre pressures, gear ratios and all that gubbins.

Forza Horizon takes those cars, removes most of the setup faffery and dumps you in a huge and gorgeous open world. You can just drive around and if you discover a race, you can join it. If you want to blast through forests at high speed then you can. There is a progression path, but it isn't mandated. Every so often you get a Showcase, which is a very silly race against a helicopter, a jet, a freight train. Great fun. (Skip to 4mins in the below video for an example.)

Comment

That sounds considerably less boring.
        Are there any bank robberies, consequence-free murder or other general mayhem involved?

Comment

It appears not. You might be able to get sheep running out of the way though.

Comment

I feel a new version of Carmaggedon would be more to hobbes' liking.

Comment

Oh, that already happened?

edit - I suppose the use of vehicles as a weapon of terror in recent years has probably dented the appeal of Carmaggedon anyway,
              Last edited by Kevin S; 13-06-2018, 08:44.

Comment

Chaps. GTA5.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                    Chaps. GTA5.
                    Not any more. Finished it.

Comment

Working...
                    X