Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Aid Kit - Shirt Gallery 2018/19

Liverpool's colour is apparently "Red Pepper"

I can see that (gets Dulux chart out). They do normally go less vibrant than Man U, who are normally "Cream of Tomato Soup".

Comment

WE'VE GOT A MACRON KIT... THAT'S NOT SHIT!

Good old Supporters' Trust, making the right choices. If this had been 100% open, we might have ended up with C:

Who do they think we are... Doncaster? Hamilton Academicals?

Comment

Rumour is that Manchester United are changing the home shorts to black. The home shirt is meant to be red fading into black at the bottom. Fucking rubbish, lads.

Comment

With the socks then graduating from black to red. I fear it'll be hideous.

Comment

Sanchez’s social media apparently confirms the shirt and socks
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-04-2018, 17:12.

Comment

The collar ruins that Liverpool shirt. Ruins it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                The collar ruins that Liverpool shirt. Ruins it.
                Nah, I like it.

Comment

That Man U kit is appropriate for another season of Mou.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Who do they think we are... Doncaster?
                    I would bloody kill for some nice simple straight forward hoops like that, but alas we're too busy exhausting all avenues of hoopfuckeryville.

Comment

Yeah, that one would be quite nice for you but I get annoyed enough when we have white sleeves.

Comment

Ah, now I see why Sanchez is struggling at Man. Utd, he's playing with baguettes on his feet.

Comment

Villa are going down an unusual route Aston Villa Football Club is proud to announce an innovative new technical kit partnership with Fanatics, a global leader in performance sport garments and premium menswear brand LUKE 1977.

As both retail partner and kit manufacturer, Fanatics will operate a full vertical-manufacturing model, meaning the new kit, bearing the LUKE 1977 brand logo, will be managed by a single company from production to point-of-sale. This means fan merchandise enjoys faster speed-to-market in an increasingly on-demand world.
                          And, I think we can all agree, that's all anybody can ask for.

Comment

Is it going to be Star Wars themed?

Comment

What does 'est. circa 1977' mean? I'm guessing either they don't know when they were established, or they're claiming to have been about for longer than they actually have (i.e. probably not very long at all)?

Comment

My guess is that it is the birth year of the eponymous "creative director"

Luke launched Luke Roper 1977 in 2001 with his business partner and great friend, Simon Poole with designs of three printed T-shirts in the back of his brother’s van.

Comment

This all sounds like it has the potential to be as bad or even worse (if such a thing is possible) as the utter dog's dinner that Wednesday have made of the kit this year.

It's all about doing it on the cheap and making sure the massive margins accrue to the club. Run away Villa run away.

Comment

There are really three parts to this.

The "design" part, which is Luke 1977, the merchandising via Fanatics, and the actual manufacturing part, which is very opaque (and causes me to share ad hoc's concern).

Fanatics is huge in North America, and operates the "on-line stores" for virtually all of our major pro sports leagues.

Fanatics, Inc. is an American online retailer of licensed sportswear, sports equipment, and merchandise, formed in 1995 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Fanatics offers product via its Fanatics and FansEdge brands, as well as sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic and SportsMemorabilia.com. Fanatics also currently operates the e-commerce websites of all major professional sports leagues (MLB, NASCAR, NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA, MLS, and UFC), major media brands (CBS Sports, FOX Sports, and NBC Sports), and over 150 collegiate and professional team properties. They are also the exclusive online distributer for the United States Olympic Team.

Comment

Although I greatly enjoy these threads, is everyone else as tired of the "leak and teaser" method of marketing as I am?

Mind you, it's way worse with cars. Exclusive test mule pictures snapped! As if the manufacturer hadn't casually mentioned when and where the car would be on a timetable Italian fascists would be proud of.
                                      Last edited by Eggchaser; 23-04-2018, 18:45. Reason: Questions deserve marks.

Comment

Thanks all, sounds like marketing spaff at best, something shadier at worst. So no doubt we'll be seeing more of this kind of thing.

Comment

The entire Villa promotional spiel has left me high and dry too.

Yes, what the fuck sense is "est. circa 1977" meant to make?

What is a "technical kit partnership", for that matter? I read the whole thing twice assuming it was a partnership over technical kit, i.e. something worn by the, er, technical staff at the club, but common sense and the comment "we wanted to take back control of the look and feel of the strip for our fans" suggests it's the playing kit, right?

I can't picture though how the "premium menswear", "fashion-led brand" of LUKE 1977 will affect the look (at least, not without shuddering slightly), but apparently Luke Roper is bringing his "20 years of design experience to the creation of the new kits" to the table – though as it's still apparently being design by Fanatics I wonder if too many cooks will inevitably spoil the broth. The 36-second promotional video demonstrates precisely nothing (albeit it's interesting to see how the machines stitch a club badge) as there's no actual kit to be seen.

And yeah, as Ray alludes, if you're going to have a launch helmed by a Luke Roper of LUKE 1977 and a Luke Organ, Villa's Chief Commercial Officer, you might at least have the wit to hold it on May the 4th.

Also, the LUKE 1997 logo looks rather like the Premier League's stoned lion, now pissed out of its skull and vomiting lavishly:

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                            WE'VE GOT A MACRON KIT... THAT'S NOT SHIT!
                                            We've got one that...is.

Comment

Are you being sponsored by the cub scouts

Comment

Trying to work out if the new Chelsea shirt is a nod to the 80's Le Coq Sportif one.

Comment

Whatever it is, it's rank. This season they have a decent, straightforward kit. So of course they bugger it up.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X