X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see if I've followed you correctly: Show
    Yes! Thanks very much.

Comment

Er... has that worked? When I click 'Show' nothing happens, but it should reveal 'Yes! Thanks very much.' Your demonstration post works perfectly but from my end it looks like mine is still missing something. I've gone back into mine and edited to make sure I'm following your instructions exactly but still can't reveal my hidden text, even though when I click 'edit' it's still sitting there between the tags.
      Last edited by Sam; 08-08-2021, 06:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Let's see if I've followed you correctly: Show
        Yes! Thanks very much.
        You’ve followed it exactly and no it hasn’t worked. Back to the drawing board for me then…

Comment

Hmm... I think that it works on the first instance of a spoiler on the page and not for subsequent instances. Because mine says "Open" for the link and your says "Show".

Comment

And now I've completely broken it. Go me.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              Hmm... I think that it works on the first instance of a spoiler on the page and not for subsequent instances. Because mine says "Open" for the link and your says "Show".
              Oh yeah! How odd.

Comment

I realise we're probably all pretty clear on this now, but how do I reliably upload photos? Whichever method I use I get an error message telling me, "Upload failed. You are not allowed to upload files with the extension jpg."

Comment

Same.
                  I can do it on my phone easily. But on the real computer, it never works. It offers a very complicated list of options, and regardless of if I try to upload it from a link or from a file on my computer, it says it can't do it, even though I know it will accept that file format because it works on the mobile version.

Is there some way to just make the mobile version the version it always offers?

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                    I realise we're probably all pretty clear on this now, but how do I reliably upload photos? Whichever method I use I get an error message telling me, "Upload failed. You are not allowed to upload files with the extension jpg."
                    This has been a constant bugbear for months. There doesn't seem to be an absolutely reliable fix. To some extent it's browser compatible, but inconsistently. For me, Firefox and Safari almost never work, Chrome is better, Brave seems to be best but it's not 100%. Most of the time I end up posting images from a web storage site via the 'image' icon.

Comment

I am wondering if this might be a hidden file size issue, because it virtually never happens to me regardless of platform, though I rarely post photos from my phone and never from my cameras

Comment

That's possible. Though I generally reduce the size of my images considerably before I attempt to post them.

Comment

Okay, what works for me is click on the camera icon. Then click in the "Drag your files here or click in this area" box, then select from desktop. That works, regardless of size, from what I can see. However, if I try to drag the pic into that area it doesn't work. Using Chrome.

Comment

Thanks, Uncle Ethan , all. I think one very specific route has worked, but can't recall the detail - what you describe here may be it, so I shall try it later.

Comment

Now that we're away from WSC, I'm going to revisit this as we could now store images directly on the server. WSC disallowed it as they didn't want the responsibility if something dodgy got uploaded without their knowledge.

Comment

My forum account currently set up under old email address. I cant recall my account password so am permanently logged in to ensure dont get locked out. Clearly I need to get new email address registered so that I can get link to it for setting up a new password. What is simplest way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Comment

PM me your old and new email addresses and I'll overwrite it on the account.

Comment

PM me your old and new email addresses and I'll overwrite it on the account.
                                    Duly done with big thanks.

Comment

I seem not to be seeing most of the posting tools (e.g. video, image, all the font stuff). This is on Safari with iPad or iPhone but I'm sure I had them before. Above is what I see.

Comment

Even when you click on the A?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

I seem not to be seeing most of the posting tools (e.g. video, image, all the font stuff). This is on Safari with iPad or iPhone but I'm sure I had them before. Above is what I see.
                                          Yes I came up against the same thing recently on my phone, but I pressed the A as HO suggests and got my tools back

Comment

Hot Orange and ad hoc thanks a lot. Perfect.

Comment

Ok so this might seem odd, and, well, you know, I am. But I've been trying to register a new account and failing miserably and can't see what I'm doing wrong. Any general tips, before I share a step by step analysis of my failure?

Comment

Oh fuck. Something else is broken, then. (No spammers have registered either, which is a big red flag that something is up.)

Comment

Ah.

Comment

Oh fuck. Something else is broken, then. (No spammers have registered either, which is a big red flag that something is up.)
                                                    Oh - someone was on FB noting that they were having all kinds of password reset / login issues. That is probably associated also.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X