No announcement yet.

How do I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, can you let me know the error on the reset function?

Second... can you PM the email address associated with the account. For security, like.

Comment

Got on without issues with the new password using firefox without issues - thanks Snake, work has just got a lot better.

Comment

No worries - sorry I didn't respond sooner. When it comes to locked down web browsers / proxies for work devices there isn't much that I can do.

Comment

Not sure what has changed but I now can't upload photos from my laptop - on my iphone it works fine, click the camera icon and a box appears, click it and choose my photo. On the laptop I click the camera icon and get a choice of buttons, upload photo or choose from photo album - not the handy square to click and drop. Not only that but using the upload button gives me the 'cannot upload jpeg' error. Tried using the image button and get the same jpeg error.

Any suggestions? Is it microsoft edge being a cunt, or has summat on OTF changed?

Comment

I've just tested it and something has changed in Edge. It works fine in Brave, you get the box and everything.

This is weird, because they are both based on Chromium.

Comment

What's Brave? A different browser?

Comment

Just found it. Looks as if I'll need a OTF specific browser.

Comment

I switched to Brave a couple of months ago. It’s Chrome with all the tracking taken out and some ad-blocking built-in. I like it.

Comment

I'll give it a go.

Comment

If you have a problem with logging into OTF, click the icon in the toolbar and turn Shields Off for OTF only.

(That's the ad-blocking / tracker blocking stuff - it is very aggressive and can sometimes stop something working. You can switch it off on a site-by-site basis.)

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                        I've just tested it and something has changed in Edge. It works fine in Brave, you get the box and everything.

This is weird, because they are both based on Chromium.
                        Cheers Snake, just been able to post a pic from the laptop using Edge.

Comment

Whenever I use the enter button my keyboard disappears, sometimes the delete button does this too.

I'm on chrome and using a Samsung phone.

Comment

If you have a problem with logging into OTF, click the icon in the toolbar and turn Shields Off for OTF only.

(That's the ad-blocking / tracker blocking stuff - it is very aggressive and can sometimes stop something working. You can switch it off on a site-by-site basis.)
                            The upload photos function in Brave seems to be working fine in Mac OS. No blocking issues as yet. Many thanks.

Comment

Not sure what's happened but the embedded Tweets aren't showing for me and I'm not allowed to upload photos in jpeg format.

The former is a new issue, the latter has been problematic but was OK.

Comment

What device and browser?

The embedded tweets is because Twitter have changed something with their new conversation view - I'm trying to figure out what.

Comment

What device and browser?

The embedded tweets is because Twitter have changed something with their new conversation view - I'm trying to figure out what.
                                  Samsung phone on Chrome.

Comment

What device and browser?

I can never see embedded tweets cos my work blocks twitter. Makes some threads absurd / pointless, which is a win for my employer.

Comment

I'll see what I can do. There is a minor upgrade that I've been meaning to install, so I'll try and schedule that in this week.

Comment

Tweets are now showing up.

Comment

And again
                                          any of the following search operations don't appear to throw up a "national league" thread on its own, "national" gets returned

Via search "national league"

Google site: <otf.com> "national league"

Google site:<www otf.com> "national league"

Is there one (ditto national leagues north and south)?

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...22#post2480150

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...ue#post2480190

Doesn't seem to be one specifically for the South yet

Comment

To add a spoiler

Use [spoiler]This is the text to be in the spoiler[/spoiler]

So this should be normal text.

[spoiler]And this should be hidden until you click it[/spoiler]
                                              Hiya Snake. Every time I try to use spoiler tags I just end up with plainly visible text between two very visible [spoiler][/spoiler] tags. Doesn't matter whether I use the Javascript pop-up in the editing pane or type the tags in myself – in fact the Javascript popup turns the first tag into 'spoiler=' and inserts the text inside the square brackets, and then when I post they don't show up at all.

Is this just me being stupid or is the board's spoiler tag function broken? I note that in your post that I'm quoting above, at least at my end both sets of tags look exactly the same – I can't see a clickable element to reveal the second one, like we used to have.

Comment

Hmmm.

[spoiler]Is this working[/spoiler]

Comment

You're right... I'll look into it.

Comment

OK, that popup is a bit weird and very confusing.

1. Click the popup
                                                    2. Type the text you want to see as the "click me" text before the spoiler
                                                    3. Click OK. It will be added to the text box
                                                    4. Add your spoiler text between the tags

Basically the format is

[SPOILER=Click here to see spoiler]This is the text I want to hide[/SPOILER]

In action it looks like

Click here to see spoiler: Show
                                                    This is the text I want to hide

Comment

Working...
                                                    X