No announcement yet.

Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to be getting the 403: Forbidden error a lot recently.

Comment

I'll check to see if we're bouncing off the resource limits again. (We also had a lot of spam signups over the Christmas break.)

Comment

Is it being slow this afternoon? Pages are taking a while to load on a PC and I was getting timeouts on a mobile browser.

Comment

Yes, the server has slowed down and falls over episodically

Comment

Noted here too.

Comment

Better now

Comment

Outage at Zen. Could be intermittent for a while.

Zen Internet | Service Alerts

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  Hello Snake.

How do I change a forum thread title? I want to change the 2016 animated films thread into the 'ongoing' animated films thread. Have tried to do this in advanced and saved changes but they haven't taken effect.
                  Editing thread titles now seems to work.

Comment

Recently, if I type "www.onetouchfootball.com" or "onetouchfootball.com" into my URL bar, I don't automatically get redirected to the https:// version of the website, but to a non-secure http:// version. I have to subsequently click the giant OTF logo on the top left corner, which takes me to the https version.

This could be a potential security issue because more than once I have attempted to log in through the http:// page. The log in fails, but it does mean my username and password have possibly been sent unsecured through the interwebs. I changed my password just in case.

Firefox 111.0 on Ubuntu 20.04, if that helps. But likely some server redirect configuration?

Comment

hmmm doesn't happen in Chrome

maybe i can clear my firefox cache and see what happens

edit: nope, doesn't help

Comment

I'll see what I can do on that one - Firefox, you say? I'll check it in that.

Comment

I've been getting a "zero error" after hitting Submit on a new post about five tines a week, without any noticeable (to me) pattern.

The effected post looks to have disappeared, but then reliably shows up as having gone through a minute later.

Chrome, Default style, Usually iPad

Comment

Seem to be getting the "forbidden" error again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                              I'll see what I can do on that one - Firefox, you say? I'll check it in that.
                              Happening now on Chrome on Android as well

Comment

The unholy "invalid page url" bug has reappeared with a vengeance for me I'm afraid.

20 attempts to load the home page and another 15 or so to get this thread to come up.

Doesn't seem to matter what browser or OS it is either - I'm typing this on Chrome on an Android tablet, but Firefox on Windows is little better.

Comment

I'm starting to get error 400 (Bad Request) for some pages - it normally resolves with a reload, but it's happening more often.

Comment

OK, I’m going to check the traffic logs and see if we’re hitting limits again.

Comment

Yeah, I'm finding the board almost unusable on Apple devices recently, I get the invalid page or 400 (Bad Request) message about two thirds of the times I try and use it.

Comment

Weird

I haven't t had any issues with my iPad

I very episodically get that error, but it seems equally uncommon on iPad, Android phone and Windows Laptop

Comment

Me neither, on any of my three Apple devices.

Comment

I get it all the time, unfortunately, on my iPhone.

Comment

It may be a Safari issue though, as I often get Twitter just hanging there on my iPhone and properly force closing Safari fixes it.

I'm going to schedule a patch, hopefully for this weekend. We'll be down for an hour, though it may be quicker.

Comment

I've been getting those same two errors on and off for a few weeks too. Not that often, but enough to be noticeable. A refresh clears it 95% of the time, a second refresh is needed for the other 5%

No bad apples from me though, I've had it in Brave on my Android phone and both Firefox and Brave on a Windows laptop.

Comment

Still near impossible for me to use on Apple devices, particularly the iPad and with Safari or Chrome.

Not sure if that's due to the googlebots you mention on the other thread.

Comment

Hmm, I'm 90% Apple, here, so on the iDevices...

Properly force close Safari and/or Chrome. Some tabs just become unresponsive after a while, so you have to close them fully (even the force close of the app doesn't work). Also log out/in again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X