Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
    ​ Help please! Firefox installed an update yesterday (Firefox 89.0 on Windows 10 64-bit) which makes the font on the site now almost unreadable for me:

This is at 100% zoom, if I use 110% or 120% it's a bit better but still doesn't look right, the type is all thin and reedy with irregular spacing and it's really tiring to read (the type actually looks much thinner on my screen than in the screenshot somehow):
    ​​​

Is there any way I can change the font and size of the text on this site? I went in my user settings but couldn't see a way to do it (I can change the sites colours but not the text.)

If I change the global settings in Firefox I can make the site display ok (e.g. if I change all the fonts to Arial and minimum size to 12pt) but then that also changes all other sites on the Internet to Arial 12pt and I don't want to do that as all other sites display fine. I also don't want to change browser as I'm using Firefox across 3 or 4 different devices with millions of add-ons and favourites saved so it would be a right pain to migrate to something else.​
    Hmm, I accidentally updated to Firefox's latest version and I'm having the issue again, and the fix I used last time doesn't work this time. Irritating, because I know the problem must be with Firefox, but this is the only website affected (or at least affected to this extent of making it almost unreadable). Any suggestions? Other than dumping that piece of garbage Firefox which it might eventually have to come to

Comment

Ok I've uninstalled Helvetica from my computer and it looks alright now (defaults to Arial), fuck knows why Firefox can't render Helvetica properly though

Comment

I think I've borked the Mundane Photo thread.

Comment

Oh that might have been me. I tried to post something the s morning and it just didn't load.

Comment

I've removed Toby's post.

Comment

Is this a problem at my end?

Insufficient Storage

The method could not be performed on the resource because the server is unable to store the representation needed to successfully complete the request. There is insufficient free space left in your storage allocation.

Additionally, a 507 Insufficient Storage error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

I got the same error as well

Comment

I have been having episodic issues for the last couple of days.

Generally slow performance, episodic resource errors (but not that one), etc.

Comment

Resource utilisation graph for yesterday. Was anything significant happening in the evening?

otfresources.png

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      Is this a problem at my end?
                      I was getting similar reports yesterday. It's fine today though.

Comment

Basically the server got overloaded (or rather, the database did) during the Euros final. Same thing that happened in the Euro 2020 final. I understand why traffic should spike but I'm not sure why it should spike in that very specific way (the actual web server is happily coping).

Going to see what mitigations I can put in place before the World Cup, which is likely to be the next time we get that kind of traffic.

Comment

Having said that, I just got a 507: Insufficient Storage error, so I'm raising that with Zen.

Comment

Was the site just down for a couple of minutes?

Comment

Yes. According to the logs - "the MySQL server has gone away"

Bloody nerds.

Comment

The episodic System Errors appear to be back

Comment

Invalid Page URL is rearing its ugly head increasingly often again, alas.

Comment

I'm finding it really slow to load these days, on top of the intermittent invalid page message.

Comment

Local problems? Working fine in Spain, obviously not denying others' difficulties.

Comment

It's not a local problem if every other website loads doublequick for me/people on different continents are seeing the same error message.

Comment

There is definitely some slowness on initial load when first visiting the site. I'm trying to find some time to investigate.

Comment

Hello Snake Plissken, there's something quirky about my PMs and notifications. Although I don't think I'm a heavy user of PMs, I get the error message: "You have reached your stored private message quota of 30 topics. You have 30 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics."

When I've tried to delete the messages, either singly or en bloc, it tells me that the action is completed but the messages are still there. Consequently I'm still blocked from sending PMs.

As a fallback I've used visitor messages instead. Is it normal that there's no notification when I receive a visitor message in reply?

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
                                              Hello Snake Plissken, there's something quirky about my PMs and notifications. Although I don't think I'm a heavy user of PMs, I get the error message: "You have reached your stored private message quota of 30 topics. You have 30 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics."

When I've tried to delete the messages, either singly or en bloc, it tells me that the action is completed but the messages are still there. Consequently I'm still blocked from sending PMs.

As a fallback I've used visitor messages instead. Is it normal that there's no notification when I receive a visitor message in reply?

It might be that after selecting and deleting messages you then need to go into Trash and Delete Permanently.

Comment

Yes, one definitely needs to go that extra step

Comment

Right, back after a week away. I think there is a setting somewhere that limits that for some users. I'll try and find it.

Yes, deleted messages still count towards the limit, which is the kind of thing a lot of developers do, because they don't think these things through.

Comment

It looks as though NS's tip has unblocked my PMs. Many thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X