No announcement yet.

Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that changing password worked. Although the mobile browser did also update and the problem has stopped, so it could be that.

In short, no idea.

Comment

We're going to go down for patching over the weekend. Probably for an hour and probably Sunday evening. Will post an announcement when I've firmed up the time.

Comment

Thanks as ever Snake Plissken

Comment

Top man, Snake Plissken

Comment

No more having to press F5 half a dozen times for a page to load properly!

All hail Snake Plissken!

Comment

I dunno... we'll see!

Comment

Hello Snake Plissken, a very minor thing I noticed since the last patching: if I type # followed by a number the text is automatically replaced by a link to the thread which I'm guessing has that number: e.g. if I type
                Code:
                I get
                Earworms in your sleep.

Not sure if it's a feature or a bug? Just thought I'd flag it up in case it's not supposed to do that as it keeps catching me out.

Comment

Doesn't seem to do it if one puts a space between the sign and numeral.

I don't think that the "thread number" is visible on the site.

Comment

It's new functionality.

Hashtag Support

Users can now create #hashtags in their content to link the content to tags, existing channels, and specific nodes (via nodeid). Hashtags will allow better organic categorization of your content. If you wish to promote specific tags as hashtags on your site, you can create them in the AdminCP under Tagging -> Tags.

Types of Hashtags allowed:
                    • Tag: These will match tags that currently exist on your system.
                    • Channel Name: This will match any of your existing channels. After saving the hashtag will be replaced with a link to the channel specified.
                    • Node ID: Allows you to create links to any specific node on your site. This will pull the node title and use it as the link.

After the user types the # (hash) and three characters the system will automatically pop up a search box of results they can select from. As they continue typing, the results will be refined. This allows user to easily find the content that they want as a link.
                    One other addition that may be of interest...

Display Name

New functionality was added to allow for Display Names. Display names work in conjunction with user names and are not unique. This would allow two users to identify as "Robert Smith" when this functionality is needed. In new registrations, Display Names will default to the username created. Administrators can assign display names in the AdminCP by editing the user. There is an option under Settings -> Options -> User Profile Options to allow users to edit their display names. At the same location, there is also an option to limit the number of times a user can change their Display Name per day.

When used, Display Names will appear at most locations that would show the User Name in previous versions. In some locations, both the Display Name and User name will appear to increase clarity between different users.

Comment

Ta! I did wonder if it might be something like that.

Test test

Earworms in your sleep.

# 357

##357

Comment

Aha! I just came here for the same reason. Put '# 8' (without the space) into a post just now and it gave me this: Private Messages – which was unexpected to say the least.

Will this apply retroactively, I wonder? e.g. if there's an old post somewhere with a bunch of numbered items listed in this manner, will it suddenly have degenerated into a completely nonsensical word salad as a result?
                        Last edited by Various Artist; 12-06-2022, 11:47.

Comment

I've done the same today with the number of a car in Le Mans. I'll have a look at an old motor sport thread to see if there are others.

Comment

The answer appears to be no:
                            https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...58#post2161658

Comment

Ah cheers Kev, nice one. That's a bit of a relief, as it could've made some old posts nigh-unreadable.

Comment

A test, since '#8' gave a user-specific link, suggesting the lowest numbers direct to one's own profile or otherwise core site pages.

This is #1-#10:

Home
                                Forum
                                Blogs
                                Groups
                                Uncategorized Groups
                                Special
                                Visitor Messages
                                Private Messages
                                Albums

Comment

Each forum ("channel" in vBulletin parlance) and thread ("node") has an individual ID. When you add a number, it defaults to finding the channel or node based on that ID. Which is massively annoying, IMO because as demonstrated it doesn't really check what that ID actually is. It's a use case that the devs haven't considered. I'm going to add some feedback to them, see if we can get some kind of list of non-allowed IDs.

Comment

Probably not a bug but my browser is translating usernames with non-English words: e.g. 'Ray of Wales', 'Satchmo thistle', 'to this'
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-06-2022, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      Probably not a bug but my browser is translating usernames with non-English words: e.g. 'Ray of Wales', 'Satchmo thistle', 'to this'
                                      I think that must be some browser setting that you have and need to untick. It doesn't happen to me

Comment

Thanks. I found it and it's now unticked.

Comment

Is the Display name functionality live or does something need to be done? And will it only apply to new users?

It's live.
                                          Last edited by Levin; 13-06-2022, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                            Had to delete the thread, I'm afraid.
                                            Sorry I've just seen this. I'll try and remember what the joke was.

Comment

I think I saw Balders mention this somewhere, I'm in the same boat in completely losing the ability to upload pictures into a post from one of the recent updates, it used to be that clicking the blue camera icon up at the top would, only sometimes, generate a field with dashed border below the post field that would then allow me to upload a photo. Now it always generates Upload or Photo Album buttons, each of which kicks off a process that either results in telling me I don't have the permissions to do that or appears to post the images (without any of the text I've entered into the actual post) and then freaks out and deletes the post immediately after.

If I was truly fussed I'd figure out some sort of remote hosting option; just felt that it was worth mentioning and thanks as always for all the time and effort that goes into this place.

Comment

I'll check if there is something up with your permissions.

Comment

My access to the feature scratchmonkey mentions is sporadic

Comment

Yes, for me too. It used to usually work on my mobile but now doesn't. Still works on the laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X