No announcement yet.

Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, same here at home. Nothing else was affected.

Comment

OK, yes, confirmed that the new server keeled over again. I'll put an update into the "Few maintenance changes" thread, just to keep everything together.

Comment

Why don't browser spell checkers work in these boxes? Sorry, the boxes you type messages in?

Comment

Which browser? Chrome seems happy enuff pointing out my speeling mistaks.

Comment

Ah Sorry. Very poor form from me. I've not troubleshhoted properly. Chrome does work for me too. I'll do some proper seaching.

Comment

Interesting little bug:

When I clicked on the 'Go To Post' thingy, it did move to a Snake post which was after a Ray post.

Comment

That's probably because the search indexer hasn't quite caught up with the latest post. There's up to about a three minute delay, depending.

Comment

Probably been mentioned more than once, but why does this site suddenly no longer recognise ampersands, pound signs, etc?

I also can't get the 'search' function to work properly. And my back hurts.

Comment

OK, long version.

When we got hacked, we needed a new server. The ISP rebuilt the server and database in double quick time. A couple of settings on the server database were slightly off (the "collation") which means that the internal storage of special characters is in the wrong format.

The solution to this is to run a script which changes the collation. The problems are thus:

1. The collation format expands the size of the database, which is going to consume server resources. We're already using, um, quite a bit more resource than is currently being paid for. (This isn't a problem, a plea or anything though donations are always welcome of course)
                    2. We could do with running this script first to check the outcome, which means setting up a staging environment
                    3. I'm up to my eyeballs in other stuff which mean I can't set up the staging environment (and I need to upgrade my account with my ISP to even cope with it)
                    4. A lot of this is PHP/MySQL/Linux which is not my skillset
                    5. The ISP are trying to go through an infrastructure upgrade which is taking up a lot of their time and resource

So, yes. Please bear with me for a while on this one.

Comment

Okay, cheers.

Comment

Can't help you on anything technical. A small donation, yes. Where to?

Comment

What is a staging environment?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                            https://www.onetouchfootball.com/donate/

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/donate/

Comment

Snap! That is linked to at the start of the Donations thread in this forum, and still live, anyway.

Although it asks for your forum name, I've tried donating anonymously (i.e. leaving the field blank) and you can, by the way.
                                Last edited by Various Artist; 24-06-2020, 12:03.

Comment

What is a staging environment?
                                  A separate replica of the live server, including the data, which can be used for testing.

Comment

Some of the diacritics seem to be working now. Thanks Snake.

? Ş Ğ

Comment

dziękuje!

Comment

Teşekk?r ederiz

Comment

That's quite strange, the umlaut works in M?nchen on preview, but not in an actual post.

Comment

I haven’t done anything...

Comment

Even better, then.

Let's see

?????

??$€

No above the letter accents from French or German, then. And no Sterling or Yen signs (though Dollar and Euro work).

Quite curious

Comment

?Qu? has hecho, se?or?

Comment

ă??șşțţ

Comment

?????ő??ű

Comment

Working...
                                                    X