No announcement yet.

Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aha! Have you disabled VB Messenger in your profile? Because that switches it off.

Comment

Well, not deliberately. I'll have a look and see if I can see what that is and if I've done that.

Comment

I think this would suggest I have. I mean, I never dun nuffink, but yeah.

Comment

It's back!

Comment

Why do some threads simply disappear? "Cooking thread" is invisible in World and doesn't show up in the Search, even though I posted in it an hour ago. The only way I can find it is via Google.

Edit: Googling again, "Cooking thread" has now disappeared from there, too, although "Cooking thread again" seems to be clinging on.
            Last edited by Furtho; 05-09-2019, 14:01.

Comment

I don't know if it's the forum or my Firefox, but embedded tweets aren't showing up for me at all. I have WSC exempt from my adblocker. I can't even click them, because that just brings up an 'Invalid URL' page.

Comment

It is Firefox

Try turning "Tracking Protection" off from the icon with three horizontal lines at the top right corner

Comment

Furtho If you have the thread starter on ignore it doesn't show that thread. Unlikely in this case, but I probably need to find time/connection to do a full reindex.

Comment

Cheers Snake. I was able to bookmark the thread when I got a quote notification. This is the only way I can see it. As you have correctly guessed, I don’t have Guest on ignore,

Comment

Tubby Isaacs started the Cooking Thread.

What browser are you using? I can see it in everything.

Comment

I'm having the embedded tweets not showing issue again, even though I've disabled all tracking protection on this site. I can actually click on the URL to bring up the tweet so this isn't terrible, but if anyone can think what else it might be that would be nice.

Comment

What browser are you using? And can you show me a screenshot?

Comment

It's Firefox, and I can't work out how to post a screenshot.

Comment

I'll have a look at Firefox this evening, but to post an image - https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...e-image-upload

Comment

One day, Snake will get the team back together and have the help he so thoroughly deserves

[URL="https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1178907284254019584?s=21"]https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1178907284254019584[/URL]

Comment

Comment

Sorry to be dim about the images. Anyway, above is a screenshot of what a posted tweet looks like to me, on Firefox, with both Firefox tracking protection and my adblocker disabled.

EDIT - that post of Ursus - that looks similar to my screenshot except it has the square bracket URL tags before and after the URL.
                                    Last edited by delicatemoth; 02-10-2019, 22:09.

Comment

Is it only on here, or is it everywhere (on Guardian articles, for instance)?
                                      Last edited by ursus arctos; 02-10-2019, 22:29.

Comment

Good question. I just turned off all my protections on a Leicester City forum, and I can't see them there either. So I guess it's at my end, but buggered if I know what it is, unless it's something to do with Firefox outwith the tracking protection.

Comment

It seems to be an episodic issue with Firefox that sometimes is due to a rogue extension, but other times requires a full re-install.

See these two support threads

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1189443

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1227607

Comment

Ah cheers, I'll check those out and stop bothering Snake.

Comment

Nice use of outwith, DM. Standard English is missing out not having it.

Comment

The site went down at my end at around 6pm BST yesterday. I was using a university server (in Florida) and it kicked me out as I was composing a post. Could be the server or just a blip, as I didn't try again until 3 hours later when I got home, where it was fine.

Comment

[CITA = Satchmo Distel; n2209908] El sitio se cayó a mi final alrededor de las 6 p.m. BST de ayer. Estaba usando un servidor universitario (en Florida) y me echó cuando estaba redactando una publicación. Podría ser el servidor o simplemente un problema pasajero, ya que no intentarlo de nuevo hasta 3 horas más tarde, cuando llegué a casa, donde estaba bien. [/ Quote]

The same happened to me. Back around 7.30 pm.

Comment

I was wondering about that - I have flaky wifi here in Coventry and I assumed it was that, as the server popped up shortly after. Might be related to the database issues. I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X