Spoilers button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers button

Apologies if this was addressed in the bugs thread but I figured a unique thread topic might prevent repeat queries.

I love the idea of a spoiler button but it doesn't seem to work. I just tested in the TV > Current Watching thread and if I use the tags around my text and preview the text still appears. When I paste into the popup box that says paste text to be wrapped in spoiler tags (or something to that effect), the pasted text and the spoiler tag do not appear at all once posted. I assume it's a pretty simple button and manually using the BBCode [spoiler][/spoiler] with text in between appears as [spoiler]text in between[/spoiler].

Am I missing something?

Obviously, I can keep doing what I do with spoilers: change the text to white and suggest that folks drag their mouse/track pad to highlight text or move along if wanting to avoid spoilers. But if the button works, that would be great.

It would be funny if you'd tested it on the OP and no-one could see it.

Comment

danielmak Wouter recently provided the answer. When you click on the Spoiler button you simply need to type some text between the = and the ] after you've inserted your spolier text:

Can you see this?: Show
      Hope this works!
      Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 13-03-2022, 10:14.

Comment

Ok I will test again here

SPOILER: Show
        This is spoiled text

Ok. So this is an edit because the same thing happened and nothing appeared because the Type in the box showed the spoiled text, so it seems like these steps.
        1. Type your text
        2. Highlight that typed text and click the spoiler button
        3. When the box appears, type the word SPOILER
        4. Preview to make sure it works
        5. Choose to post
        Last edited by danielmak; 13-03-2022, 17:04.

Comment

Working...
        X